Medicine Watch

Helpmeoutplease
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know some universities require the UKCAT where's some require the BMAT to be taken. However if I apply to 4 medical schools it is likely I will apply to one which asks for UKCAT and another which asks for BMAT, and so will I need to sit both exams?
cynicphysicist
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, you need to sit both. However, you sit the UKCAT before you apply and the BMAT after, so if the UKCAT goes really well you may want to apply to more universities that require the UKCAT/vice versa
ScarletRose
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ideally I'd advise you to select more UKCAT universities than BMAT. Normally its 3 UKCAT and 1 BMAT. The is because the BMAT is sat after you sent your application off and so can be very unpredictable. Though it depends on the unis you want to go for and your confidence in exams like the BMAT.

But to answer your question. Yes, you must sit both or your application will be incomplete and rejected.

Good luck!
Manexopi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes you will. More universities require the UKCAT though and you get the result straight after you sit it so it may be wiser to apply to at least 2 UKCAT unis.
Squishy®
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If u apply to four medical school you can base ur decision on whether they do ukcat or bmat. If you did well in ur ukcat then you can apply to 4 ukcat universities. If you did bad then you can apply to four bmat. It's not like a random process where after u apply u get told of its ukcat or not. It depends on your preference.
If your other stats provide u an advantage for a certain university and they do BMaT then it's best to apply there for an advantage.
It completely relies on which university you choose and it's not random or unknowingly chosen
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?