Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Do you think its as easy as that? If you want a publicised assassination, you'd want to kill him at a rally, where people are presumably checked for weapons.
    The dude is surrounded by press 24/7 and is the presumptive nominee for the GOP, any assassination is going to be publicised, and he's standing on a runway, it isn't exactly the most covered spot. But then I don't think this was an assassination attempt, more likely just a slightly more confrontational protestor. I mean is there any evidence the guy was even armed with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I'm guessing the timely reply was to find synonyms for the words used.
    I found that quite funny. You're trying to come across as an intelligent person yet your recent comments on this thread indicate otherwise.
    Lets not bring the thread on a tangent and talk about my bedside dictionary.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by YourName___)
    This says everything about the US doesn't it. If someone doesn't agree with your views, they will try to harm or kill you. People hate this man because they believe he is immoral, racist fascist etc and yet they believe killing him is okay. Left wingers are disgusting.
    Somebody left wing does something bad therefore the entire left wing is disgusting. Flawless logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    It is evident from your magniloquent language that you are attempting to give others the impression that you are intelligent and worldly; unfortunately, you are failing.

Basically, you're an idiot.
    The irony of this is pathetic. My purple prose is almost a literary filter to breed arguments with people that can sustain a prolonged conversation with me. And relative to that, you are failing.

ReputationRep:
    Of course this wasn't an assassination attempt. Just hyperbolic BS by typical Americans.

ReputationRep:
    But it is clear that he IS racist...have you not paid attention to what he has said during the time of his campaign?
    I haven't watched every rally he's ever done. Got any examples?

ReputationRep:
    While this does hold some merit, my point was in relation to the unspoken fact that a presidential candidate is the reflective body that represents certain beliefs. A sort of human embodied devils advocate. One who you vote for if you agree with and don't if you disagree. Violence upon a presidential candidate is violence against a belief which is ****ed up.

However violence upon a supporter is emotionally driven, more personal/sociopathic and slightly different in my opinion.
    Are you really trying to quantify the relative ****ed upness each situation? One guy got punched, another almost got harmed. One was a supporter, one is a presidential candidate, big whoop.

ReputationRep:
    But it is clear that he IS racist...have you not paid attention to what he has said during the time of his campaign?
    Then we have different ideas on what is racism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ron Paul was best candiadate for president, Trump is going to start WW3.

ReputationRep:
    Just threw it in there because I dislike social left wingers.
    Don't. It significantly undermines your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Somebody left wing does something bad therefore the entire left wing is disgusting. Flawless logic.
    I should have separated the two as one is clearly my opinion and one clearly an objective analysis. One conclusion was not drawn from the other, however my bad format and grammar perpetually misrepresent what I intend to say.

That's why I'm on tsr... I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Just to be clear; are you are encouraging harming a presidential candidate because he disagrees with your views?
    Geez he was just making a joke. Chillllll bruhhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    a white attacker?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    a white attacker?!
    Impossible

He was wearing a white mask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    'Assassination attempt' might be a bit over the top
    Right, that's why you put "ASSASSINATION Attempt" in the title in block capitals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Right, that's why you put "ASSASSINATION Attempt" in the title in block capitals.
    Clickbait - what can ya do :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Click bait purposes only mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobjim12)
    I commend that protester, he did the right thing in the wrong way.
    Why do left wing people always preach hate? ****ing disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    If he wins the election he's going to get assassinated anyway, sooner or later
    People said that Obama, and Bush, and every single president for that matter.

(Original post by Louisb19)
    People said that Obama, and Bush, and every single president for that matter.
    But do you not think Trump is the most controversial of all? There's much more opposition this time, from around the world

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.