Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower/wash in the morning or at night? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you shower in the Morning or in the Evening? (POLL)
    In the Morning
    28.57%
    In the Evening
    44.44%
    Both
    10.32%
    Whatever time I can be bothered
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

My gf and I have debated this issue. Obviously, this is by no means a deal breaker in the relationship, but rather a difference in personal preference.

She always showers in the morning and I always shower in the evening. She argues that she likes to feel fresh in the morning. I disagree and agrue that you get much more dirtier during the course of the day as you interact with the external world than you would in your bed overnight. I like to go to bed feeling clean as it makes me fall asleep easier. If it's been a particularly humid night and I've sweated a lot then I would make an exception and shower in the morning as well though.

So what do you guys do/think. Are people such as myself in the minority?

ReputationRep:
    I shower in the morning

ReputationRep:
    I shower morning and night.

ReputationRep:
    Shower?

ReputationRep:
    every morning, if i have been working out or something then i have one in the evening too.

ReputationRep:
    Evening

ReputationRep:
    I shower in the morning.

Both, but I try to aim for evening showers.

Also, where's the poll? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Comes down to the individual really I prefer to take my showers in the evening as well and sometimes in the morning. I think you both got good points some people just need to feel fresh in the morning whilst others like yourself prefer to be clean in time for bed.

ReputationRep:
    Usually late afternoon/evening, as I have to let my hair dry naturally.
    Hairdryer makes it SUPER frizzy! And I don't want to go out with wet hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Both, but I try to aim for evening showers.

Also, where's the poll? :curious:
    Just put it up

Morning. I feel sweaty/dirty if I go out without showering.

ReputationRep:
    Evening because you get dirty/sweaty whatever throughout the day, so showering in the morning leaves you less clean for longer, also means your bed is dirtier I guess

ngl getting out a nice warm shower at 10pm then air drying and just sliding into bed is just :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Mornings during cold months. Morning and evening during summer months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    Evening because you get dirty/sweaty whatever throughout the day, so showering in the morning leaves you less clean for longer, also means your bed is dirtier I guess

ngl getting out a nice warm shower at 10pm then air drying and just sliding into bed is just :daydreaming:
    Lol Amen. Perfect to get you relaxed before bed.

ReputationRep:
    Morning so I'm clean for the day. If you shower in the evenings then you are covered in all the crap your skin gives off over night and spend the day being ergh. It's better to be clean for all the people you meet.

If I've become dirty during the day I will shower in the evening as well.

ReputationRep:
    In the morning.

I agree with OP and his gf. I do like the fresh feeling from waking up and showering in the morning and those rare times when I do shower in the evening, I sleep like a baby. I'm just too lazy to shower in the morning and evening :couchpotato:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Shower in the evening. I can barely be bothered to put one leg out of bed in the morning let alone stand in the bloody shower

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I usually drag a tin bath in front of the fire every Sunday evening

ReputationRep:
    I shower in evening only. In a typical day you will produce a fair amount of sweat. do you wanna be sleeping like that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.