Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower/wash in the morning or at night? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you shower in the Morning or in the Evening? (POLL)
    In the Morning
    28.57%
    In the Evening
    44.44%
    Both
    10.32%
    Whatever time I can be bothered
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in doing it first thing in the morning. One, I just want to roll out of bed and get out the door as soon as possible (more sleep too that way). Plus, you're right, you only get dirtier throughout the day. I don't want to get washed, get dirty from being on public transport, in my tutor's office, with friends etc. It's like brushing your teeth before eating and expecting to be clean still afterwards. Either I will wash in the evening or I'm going to want to wash again when I get home immediately.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6819486.html

I suppose another part of the discussion is the necessity to shower every day? Is it necessary/healthy or is it driven by perceived or real societal norms?

ReputationRep:
    Evening only.

ReputationRep:
    I am a 'both' person and it's a bit annoying because I know I don't need to clean that much! I just feel horrid otherwise, though. It's become a habit.

And it's baths both times too!!

ReputationRep:
    The morning sounds more reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    The morning as it helps me to wake up. Might have another shower in the evening if I'm going out or it has been a hot day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the morning, it wakes me up plus I sweat the most in my sleep

I bathe every night (how can anybody get into bed without washing first??:confused:) and have a wash at the sink in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Evenings because I can't fall asleep as I feel dirty and itchy.

ReputationRep:
    I will generally shower in the evening during the week however on the weekends I will generally shower either in the morning or morning and evening depending on what have done during the day. I prefer to feel clean when go to bed as it helps to sleep better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STLJA)
    Hi guys,

My gf and I have debated this issue. Obviously, this is by no means a deal breaker in the relationship, but rather a difference in personal preference.

She always showers in the morning and I always shower in the evening. She argues that she likes to feel fresh in the morning. I disagree and agrue that you get much more dirtier during the course of the day as you interact with the external world than you would in your bed overnight. I like to go to bed feeling clean as it makes me fall asleep easier. If it's been a particularly humid night and I've sweated a lot then I would make an exception and shower in the morning as well though.

So what do you guys do/think. Are people such as myself in the minority?
    Being a girl its usually Evenings for me, specially when I have to wash my hair ( I need tym to dry it and set it )

Sometimes in the mornings when there are no early lectures 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It depends when I've had a run.

ReputationRep:
    Both

I alternate between morning and evening.

Morning is nice because you feel more refreshed for the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STLJA)
    Hi guys,

My gf and I have debated this issue. Obviously, this is by no means a deal breaker in the relationship, but rather a difference in personal preference.

She always showers in the morning and I always shower in the evening. She argues that she likes to feel fresh in the morning. I disagree and agrue that you get much more dirtier during the course of the day as you interact with the external world than you would in your bed overnight. I like to go to bed feeling clean as it makes me fall asleep easier. If it's been a particularly humid night and I've sweated a lot then I would make an exception and shower in the morning as well though.

So what do you guys do/think. Are people such as myself in the minority?
    Yh agree with your logic, though key reason I shower in the morning is because it helps to wake you up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    Evening because you get dirty/sweaty whatever throughout the day, so showering in the morning leaves you less clean for longer, also means your bed is dirtier I guess

ngl getting out a nice warm shower at 10pm then air drying and just sliding into bed is just :daydreaming:
    But you sweat the most during sleep and then you wake up and go the whole day with dirty/sweaty skin goes both ways eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    I don't see the point in doing it first thing in the morning. One, I just want to roll out of bed and get out the door as soon as possible (more sleep too that way). Plus, you're right, you only get dirtier throughout the day. I don't want to get washed, get dirty from being on public transport, in my tutor's office, with friends etc. It's like brushing your teeth before eating and expecting to be clean still afterwards. Either I will wash in the evening or I'm going to want to wash again when I get home immediately.
    You actually are supposed to brush your teeth before eating because if you have acidic foods and drinks (like orange juice in the morning) brushing your teeth after increases the chance of enamel erosion and no one wants that

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many girls who have had sex the night before or in the morning, just pull some knickers on and go out to work/Uni /whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    You actually are supposed to brush your teeth before eating because if you have acidic foods and drinks (like orange juice in the morning) brushing your teeth after increases the chance of enamel erosion and no one wants that
    I don't eat breakfast so that makes zero difference to me. I brush my teeth first thing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Morning

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.