Abbas78600
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Been accepted to do Business at Birmingham University.

Is it worth it going to Birmingham to do Business Management?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
If you like the course and the university then yes it is worth going. It definitely is not worth going just to say you went to a Russell group university.
Abbas78600
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snufkin)
If you like the course and the university then yes it is worth going. It definitely is not worth going just to say you went to a Russell group university.
Is the job prospects high for a business student?
Snufkin
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abbas78600)
I don't know. Look here: http://university.which.co.uk/univer...ears-9000-n200 Also look on LinkedIn to see what recent graduates are doing.
Trapz99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abbas78600)
It depends on the person. If you have a lot of good extra curricular activities and skills like communication, teamwork, leadership then you'll be likely to get a good job with a business degree. If you don't have any marketable skills or activities or skills then you can't get a good graduate job. But overall, a business degree is very good, especially if you go to a Russell group university.
Abbas78600
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trapz99)
It depends on the person. If you have a lot of good extra curricular activities and skills like communication, teamwork, leadership then you'll be likely to get a good job with a business degree. If you don't have any marketable skills or activities or skills then you can't get a good graduate job. But overall, a business degree is very good, especially if you go to a Russell group university.
Thanks for both of you its actually for a year 3 entry. I have finished the HND Business with a merit profile. Secured a finance internship with a PPI company where I live worked in the finance department. Been part of the sports club at MMU, charity society, set a view photo exhibition events outside of uni, will all this count, volunteered in Oxfam for 6 months back at college. Done quite a lot of stuff on my CV will look it up tmrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads