Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heading to the supermarket soon, food tips? watch

ReputationRep:
    So we're in Spring, working 8-6.30 makes it hard to go to the gym, but it would be nice to get leaner.

Anyone have any 'clean' foods to recommend.

Ideally high energy too to stop me feeling sleepy as I also have lots of studying to do.

Would really appreciate suggestions for healthy snacks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accno1)
    So we're in Spring, working 8-6.30 makes it hard to go to the gym, but it would be nice to get leaner.

Ideally high energy too to stop me feeling sleepy as I also have lots of studying to do.

"Working 8-6.30 makes it hard to go the gym"?...... So 14 hours in the day when you're not at work but no time to go the gym for an hour? People like you make me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    "Working 8-6.30 makes it hard to go the gym"?...... So 14 hours in the day when you're not at work but no time to go the gym for an hour? People like you make me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, because sleep is just totally optional of course.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What? Working 8-6:30 is a long day. Especially as OP didn't state how long it takes to commute etc.

Get your chicken breast from Muscle Food, great value and cheap. You can buy 5kg of chicken (no added water or any other junk) for £20 I think. It's not British Chicken, but it's chicken nonetheless.

Big bags of spinach for £1 at most supermarkets, eat it raw. It's a lot more filling if you don't steam/boil it.

Wholemeal Bagels. Pack of 4/5 for about £1-1.67. Good carb/protein content and very filling.

ReputationRep:
    Tuna, Yoghurt, Peanut butter are all good clean protein boosters (obvs dont eat together tho xD)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks MountKimbie and Forest Shadow for your replies. I just want to eat cleaner.

And for the poster who I made laugh...try holding down a solid full time job, having to cook meals for yourself and then clean, and then fit in studying on top of that, whilst also going to the gym.

I won't go to the gym if I can't consistently go, there's no point if you want to see results, so I'd rather cut crap out and at least maintain/lose small amounts of weight slowly as we come towards the summer months.

ReputationRep:
    Is your goal to be healthy, to lose weight or both? Unsure on what to suggest without knowing.

If you just want to lose weight what food you eat doesn't matter, it's how much you eat.

If you want to be healthy just eat a balanced diet and more fresh fruit and veg, there's no big secret or special ingredients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Is your goal to be healthy, to lose weight or both? Unsure on what to suggest without knowing.

If you just want to lose weight what food you eat doesn't matter, it's how much you eat.

If you want to be healthy just eat a balanced diet and more fresh fruit and veg, there's no big secret or special ingredients.
    But of both really. Being healthy should lead to weight loss

ReputationRep:
    But of both really. Being healthy should lead to weight loss
    Nope, calorie deficit leads to weight loss.

You can eat the healthiest, cleanest, organic and home grown food in the world and still be fat if you eat too much of it.

But in all seriousness though, just eat more fruit and vegetables. Avoid eating foods jacked full of sugar and other crap and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:

eat caffeine

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't taken into account getting to and from work, plus I imagine OP will want some dinner, that takes time... plus sleeping...

I guess theoretically you could conjure up an hour if you forsake all leisure time but holy crap dude.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.