Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a full time Alevel student with two part time jobs so as you can imagine I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands. One of my jobs is in a kitchen and the other is in a care home. When I get out of the kitchen I stink of burgers and chips and I don't think the elderly people I look after enjoy the smell of fat fryers before bed. I normally have time to shower but not to wash and dry my hair. Does anyone have any tips on getting the smell out of my hair or even covering it up without fully washing it everyday? I already wear a hat and tie my hair in a pony tail. Any tips would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    well being an asian i feel your pain, not all the time but sometimes i walk out of the house smelling of frying onions or curry when my stepmum is cooking a curry. how about wearing a jacket or something over your clothes when you are working then you can take it off afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaah I used to work in a kitchen, I know that. It's terrible. But I don't have any tips for you really, except for considering cutting your hair short. Then it will be dry in no time. Or try to wear a tight cap at work? I don't know if that will really help, though.

My sympathies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca256)
    I am a full time Alevel student with two part time jobs so as you can imagine I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands. One of my jobs is in a kitchen and the other is in a care home. When I get out of the kitchen I stink of burgers and chips and I don't think the elderly people I look after enjoy the smell of fat fryers before bed. I normally have time to shower but not to wash and dry my hair. Does anyone have any tips on getting the smell out of my hair or even covering it up without fully washing it everyday? I already wear a hat and tie my hair in a pony tail. Any tips would be appreciated
    not relevant but, respect for being that hard working

ReputationRep:
    lemon juice applied to the hair will make it smell and feel citrus fresh. you can either squeeze a lemon directly on to your barnet or use on of those squeezy lemon things.

ReputationRep:
    2 jobs? That sounds like A LOT of work for an A level student, congrats though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca256)
    i worked in a restaurant kitchen and then would go out to the bar after work for a few drinks and often ended up out with friends so i started using dry shampoo to combat this issue

Shampooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    well being an asian i feel your pain, not all the time but sometimes i walk out of the house smelling of frying onions or curry when my stepmum is cooking a curry. how about wearing a jacket or something over your clothes when you are working then you can take it off afterwards?
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    i like that smell :|

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.