Turn on thread page Beta

:) The 3 MOST IMPORTANT qualities in a person and YOU!! watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was thinking about how I could be a better human this evening (whilst listening to hall of fame) and started to list some stuff and was wondering if anyone else had some ideas?

If you’re brave enough, feel free to evaluate yourself on your own listed qualities in a spoiler!:ahee:

1) Respect
    Firstly, people respecting themselves. This is twofold. Respecting their body (by drinking in moderation, not smoking, not eating excessively unhealthily, doing suitable amounts of exercise and sleeping well where possible) not sayin you need to be freakin superman or buy the newest smartwatch and log down every door you open/energy used tying your shoelaces but you get the idea!Respecting their future (this is for those who want the best for themselves later in life-and indirectly for their partner-kids-grand kids)(if you want any of those). Includes not committing crimes and having good honest life morals and also studying-unfortunately (as after all, studying isn’t going to benefit your teachers/parents the most-it’ll be you who reaps the rewards later)

Secondly, respecting other people’s religion and beliefs-basically not judging them/prejudiced as well. (NO ONE SAID Y’ALL GOT TO BELIEVE in it as well, it’snot like by listening to them YOU ARE CONVERTED TO WHAT THEY BELIEVE hell no,you just be repectin and appreciatin stuff:^_^ Finally, respecting the environment.Like using less resources, wasting less food/water and not littering.

2) Unique:groovy:
    Now this ain't meaning you gotta be one of dem 4 times global consecutive champions or a 3 Michelin star mushroom and blackberry chef but everyone has little quirks and unique intrests/hobbies and it’s so attractive and important when someone just is proud of who they are.:gthumb:In a world of constraining social norms/labelling, increasingly-stupid and pointless vine/fb/youtube trends, invisible all-confidence-consuming peer pressure, and the natural unconscious need to fit in, I really appreciate those that just say they have a passion in toilet roll making/lasagne abstract art or anything really and can just talk proudly about what they enjoy or a unique thing about them.:jester:

3) Kind
    This is especially nice when people are kind not just to people they already know. Donating to charity when you have spare change/winning a lottery amount, volunteering not just for DofE but because you want to or helping someone when they fall over somewhere are just really kind things, actions which differentiates empathetic humans from robots.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok so for me, I think I am confident in my uniqueness and am generally not affected by social pressures. I think Im kind as well but I could be kinder so I will work on that for shaw.:^_^:

And for the respecting, I respect my body (my life is pretty healthy) and other’s opinions but I could probably respect my future more by studying and realising my endless revision has a purpose bigger than just the exams and brining honour to my Asian family (2 months left before I can just put my feet up and indulge in pointless new hobbies like vegetable arrangements or whatever I be feelin like)
    So what are your top 3 and WHY?

and do you feel like you're achieving those so far?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1) Honest
    2) Unique
    3) Open-minded

I feel like I'm achieveing these skills so far. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    1) Ambitious (and by this I just mean has an 'ommmffh', like wants to get up and do things, wants to make the most of their lives - so I don't mean this purely academically/in the workplace, although that helps too!)
    2) Adaptable - life will throw so many curveballs at you, whether it be changes, people etc and you have to have a certain ability to deal with it. How you deal with it defines you so it's important.
    3) Respect - again you will be faced by a number of different types of people everyday and it is your choice how you react to each one.

1) Sarcasm
    2) Quirkiness
    3) An ear

ReputationRep:
    1.Hard working
    2.Has a sense of humour
    3.Determined

ReputationRep:
    1. Not using weird ass fonts and formatting on all your internet posts
    2. Rational
    3. Dank meme usage

Probs managing all 3 atm

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    also studying-unfortunately (as after all, studying isn’t going to benefit your teachers/parents the most-it’ll be you who reaps the rewards later)
    Further education isn't for everyone, fam
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I always aim to be nice, helpful and honest (in no particular order)

And I do try my best but I could certainly improve in all of those areas :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Respectful
    Adventurous
    Kindhearted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    1. Not using weird ass fonts and formatting on all your internet posts

Further education isn't for everyone, fam
    True, ain't nobody says y'all gotta be flat roofin' in your studies but with a good mandem, studying for 'basic' education before is still needed like learning trig in maths or know pi is 22/7
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes I know its actually 3.1415............... but
    2. Rational

ReputationRep:
    So I was thinking about how I could be a better human this evening (whilst listening to hall of fame) and started to list some stuff and was wondering if anyone else had some ideas?

If you’re brave enough, feel free to evaluate yourself on your own listed qualities in a spoiler!:ahee:
    So what are your top 3 and WHY?

and do you feel like you're achieving those so far?
    1: Humility
    2: Enthusiasm
    3: Confidence
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Humility/humble? empathy, encouraging

ReputationRep:
    - sense of humour
    - sense of worth
    - sense of decency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    - sense of humour
    - sense of worth
    - sense of decency
    You described yourself as...

Arrogant
    Rebellious
    Lazy
    on the other thread so I guess you're getting there?

rebellious against cliche jokes=sense of humour
    arrogant toned down=sense of worth

lazy and sense of decency link might need some work

ReputationRep:
    1: funny
    2: adventurous
    3: wears their heart on their sleeve
    (being open minded and empathetic is important too)

ReputationRep:
    You described yourself as...

on the other thread so I guess you're getting there?

rebellious against cliche jokes=sense of humour
    arrogant toned down=sense of worth

lazy and sense of decency link might need some work
    Ooh I have a stalker do I? :lol:

I don't believe i'm any of those things tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I have a stalker do I? :lol:
    Nope:lol: you have a poster who likes to be equipped with info before posting and does his hwk (literal and metaphorical sense) before continuing otherwise blindly into a conversations with assumptions everywhere

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the formatting of the OP makes it a little bit difficult to read. There isn't any need for all the underlining/bold/change of fonts/caps/smileys in the middle of sentences.

Secondly, I agree with the first part of 1). I refuse to respect peoples beliefs just because they are entitled to that belief. If somebody believes that homosexuality should be banned, why would I respect that?

I like points 2) and 3).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Firstly, the formatting of the OP makes it a little bit difficult to read. There isn't any need for all the underlining/bold/change of fonts/caps/smileys in the middle of sentences.
    Firstly THANKYOU for pointing out the difficulty of reading, Ive amended it, but the bold and underline and smileys stay
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    If somebody believes that homosexuality should be banned, why would I respect that?
    Hmm I think you need to look at the word respect. (side note I am not against homosexuality in the slightest)

Respect-'due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others'

You only need to pay due regard, this may range anywhere from looking in the direction they are talking and not walking away all the way to completely wholeheartedly agreeing and giving them a free dinner.

I think my original meaning was don't start a massive argument and escalate everything especially if they have a strong opinion, why not just let them be and move on to people with agreeable viewpoints, perhaps badly worded on my part

ReputationRep:
    Firstly THANKYOU for pointing out the difficulty of reading, Ive amended it, but the bold and underline and smileys stay

Hmm I think you need to look at the word respect. (side note I am not against homosexuality in the slightest)

Respect-'due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others'

You only need to pay due regard, this may range anywhere from looking in the direction they are talking and not walking away all the way to completely wholeheartedly agreeing and giving them a free dinner.

I think my original meaning was don't start a massive argument and escalate everything especially if they have a strong opinion, why not just let them be and move on to people with agreeable viewpoints, perhaps badly worded on my part
    It looks a lot better. Just give a bit more space between the first bit of text at the top and 1)?

ReputationRep:
    reliable
    understanding
    genuine

ReputationRep:
    1) Lifts.
    2) Loyalty.
    3) Ambitious.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.