Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so I don't know what's happening to me, in the past week I notice I've completely changed, am not motivated, always bored, sleepy, tired, can't be bothered with life, short tempered, don't study, and just feel depressed.
    Before though, I used to be the contrary, vibrant, optimistic, hard-working, always study, always work out, always talk to people etc. I am worried about myself, I am trying to watch motivational videos, and other stuff on youtube to help me but nothing's working. I have 2 courseworks (A-level) due in by the end of next week and I still got more than half to do for each of them!!! I am extremely stressed about my mental health right now, is there anyway you can help me please?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You dont really have time to be depressed.

For the moment work out how much time you have left and split it between the two pieces of work you have to hand in.
    Do the best you cna in the time left. Its either imprtant to you or it is not.
    Make sure you eat well.
    Get enough sleep and take breaks.

This is pretty much autopilot stuff.

Book an appointment to go and see your GP after.

Stress can be good, but too much can be counterproductive. Focus on the work and spend less time thinking about being stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You dont really have time to be depressed.

For the moment work out how much time you have left and split it between the two pieces of work you have to hand in.
    Do the best you cna in the time left. Its either imprtant to you or it is not.
    Make sure you eat well.
    Get enough sleep and take breaks.

This is pretty much autopilot stuff.

Book an appointment to go and see your GP after.

Stress can be good, but too much can be counterproductive. Focus on the work and spend less time thinking about being stressed.
    Aw Thanks for the advice, all I these days is watch youtube videos back to back, often hours on pointless stuff, before I used to study 5hrs a day! How do u stay motivated?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just draw up a timetable and plan a few things for after next week as rewards.
    For the moment the 2 essays are just a small step yowards your grade and future. Upi have to make a choice either do it to get you to somewhere nice or carry on deciding you cnat be bothered and imagine what its like when everyone else goes to uni and you couldnt be bpthered to carry on making an effort. Its a straight choice pass or fail. Plenty of time in the holidays to do cool things, but for now you need to work. It wont be long.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by heyfellowhuman)
    Hey guys so I don't know what's happening to me, in the past week I notice I've completely changed, am not motivated, always bored, sleepy, tired, can't be bothered with life, short tempered, don't study, and just feel depressed.
    Before though, I used to be the contrary, vibrant, optimistic, hard-working, always study, always work out, always talk to people etc. I am worried about myself, I am trying to watch motivational videos, and other stuff on youtube to help me but nothing's working. I have 2 courseworks (A-level) due in by the end of next week and I still got more than half to do for each of them!!! I am extremely stressed about my mental health right now, is there anyway you can help me please?
    It's hard - just calm down a bit and get down to it. Take a few breaks if you feel like you need one but don't go off for a hours on end.
    Short term - keep your head down and get it done.

Long term - a lot of me and my friends, both lads and girls, find gym two or three times a week is great for releasing stress because of A Levels and Uni work.
    It also helps with your self-esteem in the long term and makes you feel a lot better about yourself. That's what everyone I know says and I agree.
    Most of us also end up changing our diets to be more healthier because they're going to the gym, not because they're driven but because it makes them feel better and less guilty.

Also, if you have the NUS extra card it gives you a lot of discounts, e.g. the gym I go to knocked off the £20 joining fee because I have it, and you also get a load of discounts at clothing stores and the Co-op. You can get it as soon as you're in year 12 at Sixth Form or College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just draw up a timetable and plan a few things for after next week as rewards.
    For the moment the 2 essays are just a small step yowards your grade and future. Upi have to make a choice either do it to get you to somewhere nice or carry on deciding you cnat be bothered and imagine what its like when everyone else goes to uni and you couldnt be bpthered to carry on making an effort. Its a straight choice pass or fail. Plenty of time in the holidays to do cool things, but for now you need to work. It wont be long.
    Hmm, tbh after reading the posts last night, I drew a mini timetable in my head and stayed upuntil 1am to write about 6pages!!! yeah, it helped. You're right! I guess I need to focus hard on priorities and work now play later.

(Original post by DMcGovern)
    It's hard - just calm down a bit and get down to it. Take a few breaks if you feel like you need one but don't go off for a hours on end.
    Short term - keep your head down and get it done.

Long term - a lot of me and my friends, both lads and girls, find gym two or three times a week is great for releasing stress because of A Levels and Uni work.
    It also helps with your self-esteem in the long term and makes you feel a lot better about yourself. That's what everyone I know says and I agree.
    Most of us also end up changing our diets to be more healthier because they're going to the gym, not because they're driven but because it makes them feel better and less guilty.

Also, if you have the NUS extra card it gives you a lot of discounts, e.g. the gym I go to knocked off the £20 joining fee because I have it, and you also get a load of discounts at clothing stores and the Co-op. You can get it as soon as you're in year 12 at Sixth Form or College.

Yeah before I used to go to the gym group 6 times a week, following Arnold Shwaznegger's blueprint regiment very strictly, but in the past week I went off schedule, diet ruined etc. it works, true.. but when I go there, I'm not as motivated and miss loads of sets. I also have the NUS extra card.

I'm better a bit now, I guess it was just the fear in my mind. I was scared of this public speaking talk in my school that I have next week, + the deadlines, I now somehow picked myself up abit. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.