Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my adult nursing degree in a week and will be going on placement in late July (anglia Ruskin if anyone's interested). Just wondered how far people travelled/ are travelling to placements? I do have a car but as its quite expensive to run was thinking of giving it to my boyfriend so I will still be able to drive it when I need it but won't have the full costs. If it was far away I would probably just get the bus though lol

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Friday and the placements will be 30 - 80 mins away. I was rejected without interview by my home university and I live a 5 minute drive from the main hospital! Obviously I'm gutted about that because of logistics, but the uni I have my interview with has an incredible hospital and facilities so it's worth travelling a little bit :--)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    I've been told they they try to place as close to home but not usually more than 1h/ 1.5h total travel. I'm going to Edge hill and the are that covers is quite vast.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.