Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my adult nursing degree in a week and will be going on placement in late July (anglia Ruskin if anyone's interested). Just wondered how far people travelled/ are travelling to placements? I do have a car but as its quite expensive to run was thinking of giving it to my boyfriend so I will still be able to drive it when I need it but won't have the full costs. If it was far away I would probably just get the bus though lol

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Friday and the placements will be 30 - 80 mins away. I was rejected without interview by my home university and I live a 5 minute drive from the main hospital! Obviously I'm gutted about that because of logistics, but the uni I have my interview with has an incredible hospital and facilities so it's worth travelling a little bit :--)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    I've been told they they try to place as close to home but not usually more than 1h/ 1.5h total travel. I'm going to Edge hill and the are that covers is quite vast.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.