Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I fell out with a friend in about November time because we didn't get along and we had major personality clashes. She'd openly say insensitive and cruel things, and the other friends in my group were beginning to notice. So we fell out because someone overheard me saying something and it got back to her. I realised that maybe I had been insensitive, even though what I said was taken out of proportion, and I apologised, and we agreed to go our separate ways.

More recently I made a post on Facebook which her other friends saw and immediately thought it was an indirect dig at her, which it wasn't really. They started commenting on this post and calling me names and sending me horrible snapchats. The friend I fell out with isn't the problem - she wasn't offended. But her new friends are making my life a misery and it's really upsetting. Whilst my friends did defend me, it got really out of hand and I'm quite scared to go into school on monday in case they say something to me or start spreading rumours.

But is this my fault? I know some people are sensitive about having opinions that are different to theirs. In the past I have been callous and mean (often not intentionally) but I have apologised to my ex friend and she told me that I had nothing to worry about.

So, please, how can I deal with this? How do I stop her new friends from making my life an absloute misery?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fell out with a friend in about November time because we didn't get along and we had major personality clashes. She'd openly say insensitive and cruel things, and the other friends in my group were beginning to notice. So we fell out because someone overheard me saying something and it got back to her. I realised that maybe I had been insensitive, even though what I said was taken out of proportion, and I apologised, and we agreed to go our separate ways.

More recently I made a post on Facebook which her other friends saw and immediately thought it was an indirect dig at her, which it wasn't really. They started commenting on this post and calling me names and sending me horrible snapchats. The friend I fell out with isn't the problem - she wasn't offended. But her new friends are making my life a misery and it's really upsetting. Whilst my friends did defend me, it got really out of hand and I'm quite scared to go into school on monday in case they say something to me or start spreading rumours.

But is this my fault? I know some people are sensitive about having opinions that are different to theirs. In the past I have been callous and mean (often not intentionally) but I have apologised to my ex friend and she told me that I had nothing to worry about.

So, please, how can I deal with this? How do I stop her new friends from making my life an absloute misery?

If they start, the just avoid them and let a member of staff know. They'll soon forget and move onto something else. :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    Well what were the things they said its hard to make a full decision not knowing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.