Turn on thread page Beta

Is it true studying masters is free for UK students next year? watch

ReputationRep:
    Someone mentioned to me I think next year we can have loans to study for masters. I have no idea. I want to study masters but don't have the money plus I don't want to borrow money from the banks.

ReputationRep:
    Loan of up to £10k I believe.

ReputationRep:
    It's not free. You may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 (relatively high interest rate).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    It's not free. You may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 (relatively high interest rate).
    That's only the tuition fees right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    High interest rates?????? Wouldn't it be better getting a job somewhere for two years and saving the money than?
    This is silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace019)
    High interest rates?????? Wouldn't it be better getting a job somewhere for two years and saving the money than?
    This is silly.
    Sure would but many students would rather not wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace019)
    Someone mentioned to me I think next year we can have loans to study for masters. I have no idea. I want to study masters but don't have the money plus I don't want to borrow money from the banks.
    You can check out the details about it here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...graduate-Loans

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.