Turn on thread page Beta

I Just broke down, and started crying. cant deal with everything watch

Ive got too much going on in my life right now. Studies are slipping away from me for the first time in my life and I dont know how to cope with it, ive had my confidence in my parents shaken in the past year (they've been through some things which i barely coped with), Im trying to lose weight to lose my belly fat but my mother is against it and is trying to force me to stop by using her health as a warning (she went through some things and she says im stressing her too much) and my conversations with my father are usually full of him complaining about his life and they depress me. My school life is not stable and im feeling like i dont have any friends anymore and everyone is drifting from me, and I've been trying to deal with it all but today my parents left the house to go out for dinner and I just broke down and cried for half an hour straight.

I'm just so lost, and i feel so alone, and i just cant get through this by myself but i dont feel like i can tell anybody, and i dont want my parents to find out either.

help?..
    thank you
    (PS my parents love me a lot, they're really caring about me and thats one reason i cant tell them how i feel)

ReputationRep:
    Your last sentence contradicts itself, your parents should be there for you and I'm sure they will be if they're as described, they love you and want what's best for you which involves you sharing things that are bothering you so they can help. Is there anyone at your school/uni who you can speak to?

ReputationRep:
    Never give in, push through it and work your damned hardest to get what you want in life. Even if it's a single person who believes in you; that's alright as long as that person is yourself.

Have some time alone to yourself, whether it be a few hours browsing the internet or reading a good book, it'll clear your head.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive got too much going on in my life right now. Studies are slipping away from me for the first time in my life and I dont know how to cope with it, ive had my confidence in my parents shaken in the past year (they've been through some things which i barely coped with), Im trying to lose weight to lose my belly fat but my mother is against it and is trying to force me to stop by using her health as a warning (she went through some things and she says im stressing her too much) and my conversations with my father are usually full of him complaining about his life and they depress me. My school life is not stable and im feeling like i dont have any friends anymore and everyone is drifting from me, and I've been trying to deal with it all but today my parents left the house to go out for dinner and I just broke down and cried for half an hour straight.

I'm just so lost, and i feel so alone, and i just cant get through this by myself but i dont feel like i can tell anybody, and i dont want my parents to find out either.

help?..
    thank you
    (PS my parents love me a lot, they're really caring about me and thats one reason i cant tell them how i feel)
    Sometimes life's just too hard to handle <3 just cry, honestly it's good sometimes, you can release the pressure.
    "I feel so alone" the worst feeling ever right .. We are here for you, you're not alone
    Honeslty I think you should tell your parents what's going wrong. I understand you perfectly well, a few months ago I had a very bad moment in my life due to stress in studies, I was crying a lot, but not in front of my parenrs because I did not wanted them to see me sad, I guess I would not scare them ?
    Anyway, that was a mistake, I finally talked to mum, I cried in her arm, and she gave me the best advices I ever received from anyone else. You know why ? Because she knows me the best, she's sad when I'm sad, her happiness depends on mine.
    Do you get it ? Your parents love you so much, that they will support you whatever happens ! Just talk to them, you definitely should ! <3
    :hugs:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Sometimes life's just too hard to handle <3 just cry, honestly it's good sometimes, you can release the pressure.
    "I feel so alone" the worst feeling ever right .. We are here for you, you're not alone
    Honeslty I think you should tell your parents what's going wrong. I understand you perfectly well, a few months ago I had a very bad moment in my life due to stress in studies, I was crying a lot, but not in front of my parenrs because I did not wanted them to see me sad, I guess I would not scare them ?
    Anyway, that was a mistake, I finally talked to mum, I cried in her arm, and she gave me the best advices I ever received from anyone else. You know why ? Because she knows me the best, she's sad when I'm sad, her happiness depends on mine.
    Do you get it ? Your parents love you so much, that they will support you whatever happens ! Just talk to them, you definitely should ! <3
    :hugs:
    thanks to everyone for replying any other advice is appreciated!

And I dont feel like I can talk to my parents. Part of the reason is because i dont want to hurt them, but also because i dont think they can understand what im going through right now. ive told my mum that she is stressing me out but she couldnt understand how, and the same goes with my dad.

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Your last sentence contradicts itself, your parents should be there for you and I'm sure they will be if they're as described, they love you and want what's best for you which involves you sharing things that are bothering you so they can help. Is there anyone at your school/uni who you can speak to?
    I dont feel like there is anybody in my school who i could go to with this, i wish there was though.

Is there a counselor i can call to talk through this with? (im 18) [preferrably on skype or some free calling service]

ReputationRep:

And I dont feel like I can talk to my parents. Part of the reason is because i dont want to hurt them, but also because i dont think they can understand what im going through right now. ive told my mum that she is stressing me out but she couldnt understand how, and the same goes with my dad.

I dont feel like there is anybody in my school who i could go to with this, i wish there was though.

Is there a counselor i can call to talk through this with? (im 18) [preferrably on skype or some free calling service]
    I wouldn't advise going through online methods as those aren't always effective, speak to your gp and they'll be able to put you in contact with someone who can help you talk through your issues and we're all here on tsr too

Yes I get what you mean ^^ do what you think is better fir you then
    Do you have anyone to talk to in real life ? (Unkess you don't want to) but having someone next to you who can listen to you can be a good thing I think

So, what are your hobbies ? Do you do some sport or something ? If so, just use it to help getting off the stress etc, and if not , why not starting !

Yes I get what you mean ^^ do what you think is better fir you then
    Do you have anyone to talk to in real life ? (Unkess you don't want to) but having someone next to you who can listen to you can be a good thing I think

So, what are your hobbies ? Do you do some sport or something ? If so, just use it to help getting off the stress etc, and if not , why not starting !
    There's nobody i can really talk to in real life, because i kept moving around as a child i guess i never really learned to make deep friends, so theres nobody i feel i can open up to.

I used to play the guitar and sing, but now whenever i go back to do either of those I feel too sad to carry it on.

There's nobody i can really talk to in real life, because i kept moving around as a child i guess i never really learned to make deep friends, so theres nobody i feel i can open up to.

I used to play the guitar and sing, but now whenever i go back to do either of those I feel too sad to carry it on.
    I see
    What do you think would be good for you ? Have you any idea ?
    When I feel sad, I used to pick my sport stuff, go on a walk to think , and playing tennis as I never played before haha, just hitting some balls, it was like giving my pain away (for the tennis you need a partner tho :P )
    Maybe doing something physical will help you to control your feelings ?
    Or maybe the prob is deeper than that, maybe you have to sit and quietly think about your life, your dreams/purpose etc, having an aim to reach -even a tiny one- really helps to keep moving forward I think

I see
    What do you think would be good for you ? Have you any idea ?
    When I feel sad, I used to pick my sport stuff, go on a walk to think , and playing tennis as I never played before haha, just hitting some balls, it was like giving my pain away (for the tennis you need a partner tho :P )
    Maybe doing something physical will help you to control your feelings ?
    Or maybe the prob is deeper than that, maybe you have to sit and quietly think about your life, your dreams/purpose etc, having an aim to reach -even a tiny one- really helps to keep moving forward I think
    I had/have a really silly aim which was to get in a relationship, but what can i say except life kept throwing me lemons.

The other dreams/goals i had I either reached, or am still trying to achieve. Its just that im not making any progress
    A part of me just wants a fresh start on life, dropped into an unfamiliar place with nobody i know so i can just be myself without trying to meet the expectations of others.

I had/have a really silly aim which was to get in a relationship, but what can i say except life kept throwing me lemons.

The other dreams/goals i had I either reached, or am still trying to achieve. Its just that im not making any progress
    A part of me just wants a fresh start on life, dropped into an unfamiliar place with nobody i know so i can just be myself without trying to meet the expectations of others.
    If life gets you down at some points, that's to let you know it's better at the other point <3

What do you mean a fresh start ? Are you currently at college ? Maybe you mean changing your school or something ?

If life gets you down at some points, that's to let you know it's better at the other point <3

What do you mean a fresh start ? Are you currently at college ? Maybe you mean changing your school or something ?
    well, not exactly a change in school. Im going off to uni this year, so im hoping that'll be my fresh start

well, not exactly a change in school. Im going off to uni this year, so im hoping that'll be my fresh start
    Ahhh I see ! That's a good thing to see it as a fresh start, new environment, new people , you definitely need something new in your life right ? I wish you the better !! You still have to wait until uni, and If you wanna talk I'll ALWAYS be there to listen to you
    Feel free to PM if you want (unless you prefer to be anon of course) but I understand your situation (I told you I've been through something similar) and don't worry , life gets better that's a promise <3

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you've certainly let everything build up within you, and now it's all come crashing down on you at once, right? This is what happens when we just try to idly push our problems to the side in life without trying to tackle them or overcome then.

You need to focus on rebuilding the parts of your life one by one and distance yourself from anyone who you feel like is ruining your mood (re: your father and his complaining).

RE: Friends, try to stay in closer touch with them, it's very easy to distance yourself from people who genuinely care about you and improve your mood as to not ''hurt them'' but you need to maintain these friendships - they will be there for you.

Just start focusing on problems one at a time and recognise any small victories you make.

(Original post by Inexorably)
    It sounds like you've certainly let everything build up within you, and now it's all come crashing down on you at once, right? This is what happens when we just try to idly push our problems to the side in life without trying to tackle them or overcome then.

You need to focus on rebuilding the parts of your life one by one and distance yourself from anyone who you feel like is ruining your mood (re: your father and his complaining).

RE: Friends, try to stay in closer touch with them, it's very easy to distance yourself from people who genuinely care about you and improve your mood as to not ''hurt them'' but you need to maintain these friendships - they will be there for you.

Just start focusing on problems one at a time and recognise any small victories you make.

The problem is none of my friends genuinely care about me. the only time i talk to them is to talk about education now. I just want someone to text or whatsapp about life. just to talk to about mindless things

ReputationRep:
    The problem is none of my friends genuinely care about me. the only time i talk to them is to talk about education now. I just want someone to text or whatsapp about life. just to talk to about mindless things
    Try and start talking about your life to other people and take an interest in theirs as well - if they genuinely don't care, then don't approach them about it.

I am in the same boat as well, a lot of my ''friends'' don't really speak to me a lot about mindless things and we don't really have long conversations, but at the end of the day what is important is what you think of yourself and not them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.