Turn on thread page Beta

ENGLISH IGCSE Speaking and listening watch

ReputationRep:
    My speaking and listening is coming up in a few days, and i do not know what to talk about the 2008 financial crash or the stock market or the Federal reserve and the banking system.
    So please could you say which one sounds the most interesting and if you were the examiner would interesting questions would you ask?
    and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzyman)
    My speaking and listening is coming up in a few days, and i do not know what to talk about the 2008 financial crash or the stock market or the Federal reserve and the banking system.
    So please could you say which one sounds the most interesting and if you were the examiner would interesting questions would you ask?
    and thanks

Interesting for a 15/16 year old to be interested in, are you genuinely passionate about those topics?

ReputationRep:
    Huh? You haven't wrote your speech yet? I'm doing iGCSE and my s&l is this week too and we started our speeches in June last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Huh? You haven't wrote your speech yet? I'm doing iGCSE and my s&l is this week too and we started our speeches in June last year
    Lol I think your school is the strange one . Why did you have to write it so early? Was it marked?

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you talk about something you know very well about it, and start it off in an interesting way. I actually just did mine on Friday, it wasnt too bad but make sure you speak slowly because you will be nervous and therefore you will speak fast so try and slow it down if you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11lmizo)
    Just make sure you talk about something you know very well about it, and start it off in an interesting way. I actually just did mine on Friday, it wasnt too bad but make sure you speak slowly because you will be nervous and therefore you will speak fast so try and slow it down if you do.
    I had mine on Friday too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    I had mine on Friday too
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    this is going to be the start of my talk , what do you think about it ?
    We are entering a period of financial crisis, that is the greatest,the world has ever know. The wealth transfer that will take placeduring this decade, is the greatest wealth transfer in the history.Wealth is never destroyed, it is merely transferred and that meansthat on the opposite side of every crisis, there is an opportunity. Ibelieve the best investment you can make,in your lifetime, is yourown education, education on the history of money,education onfinance, education on how the central bankers and the stock marketcan manipulate you and scam you.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.