Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dated a rich kid and I hated it? Watch

So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Am I generalising or has anyone else ever experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that expected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Just let the gold diggers pretend to be happy with him.

ReputationRep:
    If you are on scholarship you should be busy studying. Not hoping to go on dates for a rich shag.

(Original post by TaintedLight)
    If you are on scholarship you should be busy studying. Not hoping to go on dates for a rich shag.
    The thing is, I study pretty much all the time. I've had offers from great unis and my friend thought I should get on the dating scene.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

You are learning a valuable lesson though, of what you dont like and doesnt interest you in a potential bf. Not everyone is that self centered.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    She has just as much right to have a social life as anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs some time off studying and having fun once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    lmao ur just pissed cos he didn't give u any money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Isn't that expected?
    Not necessarily.

I know a very very rich kid whose shockingly down to earth. When he was a teenager, while his mates were partying in the summer on yachts, he was teaching kids Maths in countryside schools in China.

At the end of his A levels, he went on a lads holiday but tbh I'd say it was well deserved.

ReputationRep:
    A tad unfair, could have been one date in a number of months. Sounds like you want a rich shag yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Not necessarily.

I know a very very rich kid whose shockingly down to earth. When he was a teenager, while his mates were partying in the summer on yachts, he was teaching kids Maths in countryside schools in China.

At the end of his A levels, he went on a lads holiday but tbh I'd say it was well deserved.
    Well you are describing the famous "I know somebody who knows somebody ...", which I am sure that exist ...

(Original post by SAhm95)
    lmao ur just pissed cos he didn't give u any money
    I asked if anyone had experienced the same snobbish attitude when dating a rich kid.

Your immature post doesn't answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Well you are describing the famous "I know somebody who knows somebody ...", which I am sure that exist ...
    I'm referring to my sister's boyfriend here. So he's pretty close considering his whole family know me

ReputationRep:
    I'm referring to my sister's boyfriend here. So he's pretty close considering his whole family know me
    I am sorry to hear that ... still anecdotal evidence !!

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.

#nerdforlife

ReputationRep:

Well duhh what else can you expect from the stuck up kids with a silver spoon in their arses

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense, you can study and still have a life which can include sex.

Never dated a rich guy but I guess that's kind of what you'd expect

Tbh unless I'm actually in love with the guy, I'd only date a rich guy to do all the things I could never afford to do :lol:

Otherwise I like my guys to be from the ends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fkmylife)
    #nerdforlife
    Rather be a nerd than a brat who constantly relies on Mummy and Daddy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.