Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dated a rich kid and I hated it? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Am I generalising or has anyone else ever experienced this?
    My guess is that, generally, what you have to say is meaningless anyway. Listen to him and look pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Rather be a nerd than a brat who constantly relies on Mummy and Daddy
    i can agree with you and no matter how rich i get i am making my kids have that same experience that drove me to be successful not allowing them everything they want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    If you are on scholarship you should be busy studying. Not hoping to go on dates for a rich shag.

shots fired

ReputationRep:
    They're not mutually exclusive...

ReputationRep:
    How about being in the middle

ReputationRep:
    https://49.media.tumblr.com/9fc32126...a9zuo1_500.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fkmylife)
    How about being in the middle
    Meh I guess. Considering his parents are rich they were pretty cheapskatey with him

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's gross
    one guy wouldn't stop talking about his £3000 watch and how he modelled in Prague, I got so annoyed I had to escape really early in the morning .Then I had to come back to ask how to get out of the really nice tower block because there were too many fire doors and codes
    big mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Never dated a rich guy but I guess that's kind of what you'd expect

Tbh unless I'm actually in love with the guy, I'd only date a rich guy to do all the things I could never afford to do :lol:

Otherwise I like my guys to be from the ends
    Same (with a girl though)

(Original post by whorace)
    Same (with a girl though)
    :five:

We're very alike :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Who you date says a lot about who you are.

ReputationRep:
    So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Am I generalising or has anyone else ever experienced this?
    Us poor guys are much better boyfriend material

(Original post by Maker)
    Who you date says a lot about who you are.
    I was introduced to him by a mate because she thought we would go well together. What part of that don't you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Us poor guys are much better boyfriend material
    No they are not, money has no influence on whether you are good or bad.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.

I know a very very rich kid whose shockingly down to earth. When he was a teenager, while his mates were partying in the summer on yachts, he was teaching kids Maths in countryside schools in China.

At the end of his A levels, he went on a lads holiday but tbh I'd say it was well deserved.
    Actually where do u find such programs ? Im extremely interested in those volubteering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    Actually where do u find such programs ? Im extremely interested in those volubteering.
    His parents gave a donation to some countryside school in China and because they always seem to have a teacher shortage, my mate's parents sent him there.

ReputationRep:
    I was introduced to him by a mate because she thought we would go well together. What part of that don't you get?
    So you did not choose to got out with him, the choice was made for you?

(Original post by Maker)
    So you did not choose to got out with him, the choice was made for you?
    I'm sorry is it a crime to go out on dates?

You sound like you want a rich kid yourself

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you pretend to like him. Then take many gifts from him, then dump him.

ReputationRep:
    Meh I guess. Considering his parents are rich they were pretty cheapskatey with him
    Lol veryy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.