Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression and anxiety is getting the better of me watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I recently went to the councelling services in my area and they recommended me to get some CBT. But I would have to wait for up to over a month and so I declined because I had other plans.

Thing is, I don't have many friends and people keep seeing me as someone who I am not! Don't get me wrong, I think I am quite a smart person but people treat me too nicely and think I am confused due to a learning difficulty I used to have or may still have. I don't want to start disclosing this to everyone - heck why should I.

Thing is, I am starting to think that life is getting emptier and emptier and the people all around me are like "fakes". Even one of my best friends is starting to talk to some girl that I don't like and they keep hanging out with each other whilst I am left in the dark.

I am sick and tired of these fakes that now I am planning to say things directly to their face, hey the truth hurts

What advice can be offered to me

ReputationRep:
    Over a month is simply brilliant. Most people have to wait many months. So don't cancel it.

Get a new friend?

And if you can't do that, then get used to being alone. Hey, it's not so bad! You get to convince yourself that you're better off without them, then wallow in the indignation that follows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Over a month is simply brilliant. Most people have to wait many months. So don't cancel it.

Get a new friend?

And if you can't do that, then get used to being alone. Hey, it's not so bad! You get to convince yourself that you're better off without them, then wallow in the indignation that follows.
    That is ofter easier said than done.

Where do I get friends now that uni is nearly over for me? I don't even like my own cousins for a start or even their families - they talk to me when they NEED something and then just forget about me after. You know USE and ABUSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3tr0)

Where do I get friends now that uni is nearly over for me? I don't even like my own cousins for a start or even their families - they talk to me when they NEED something and then just forget about me after. You know USE and ABUSE
    Maybe try some new hobbies and try and make friends through that. And also if uni is nearly, you may be looking to get a job, so you could try and make new friends through that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3tr0)

Looks like you're gonna have to go with the 'forever alone' option.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.