Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else just cry about the state of the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ~INFP problems~

And then you finally lose hope in humanity and think, screw it, I'm going to hide in a cave and live as a hermit.

ReputationRep:
    Not cry, but earlier in the year (or late last year, I forget) I did have a period in which I was VERY concerned and felt worried throughout the day. This lasted about a week but it helped to talk to a friend who managed to calm me down and share my feelings

ReputationRep:
    It is true, so many things exist now that didnt before like the trends....lord...save me from them...dabbing...I mean...what even...on a light hearted note tho, y'all gotta cry about these in the world:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    ~INFP problems~

And then you finally lose hope in humanity and think, screw it, I'm going to hide in a cave and live as a hermit.
    I lost hope in humanity before this. Society did it for me, before the whole days of Donald Trump and the EU referendum + the racism of the majority of the UK who haven't taken the time to educate themselves thoroughly.

I'll join you in the cave. We can build an underground town.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I just get so tired of this life because I've just lost hope. There's no humanity and if there's no humanity then I just think that why on earth am I still alive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :sadnod:

However, I'm not losing faith in humanity since I firmly believe that there's more good in this world than bad :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Some times but there are also things that make me cry with joy at the wonderful things some people do

ReputationRep:
    I am so happy (given my age) that I have not got long to go, so I hope I will not have to witness much more ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I am so happy (given my age) that I have not got long to go, so I hope I will not have to witness much more ...
    Nooo don't talk like that TeeEm :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Nooo don't talk like that TeeEm :cry2:
    I had this very same conversation with my friend while walking 2 days ago ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    Sometimes I just get so tired of this life because I've just lost hope. There's no humanity and if there's no humanity then I just think that why on earth am I still alive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you care? You live in a great country without the problems of war or safety or extreme poverty that other people in the world face. You are so lucky to be living the high quality of life that you have in the UK. And you're still sad about humanity and wondering why you're alive? Be grateful for your life, make the most of your opportunities and make the world just that little bit better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :laugh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but don't be mean some of us are more sensitive than others

ReputationRep:
    Not cry, but earlier in the year (or late last year, I forget) I did have a period in which I was VERY concerned and felt worried throughout the day. This lasted about a week but it helped to talk to a friend who managed to calm me down and share my feelings
    That sounds awful, but I'm glad you could find someone to talk it out with! Friends who you can share your anxieties with, and who empathise with you and don't judge you, are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I had this very same conversation with my friend while walking 2 days ago ...

What did your friend say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    That sounds awful, but I'm glad you could find someone to talk it out with! Friends who you can share your anxieties with, and who empathise with you and don't judge you, are the best
    I agree and I feel so grateful She really held me together :yep:

Yes, I've cried about it before.

Then I feel inspired and motivated to fix as much as I can

But I end up just crying even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    :laugh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but don't be mean some of us are more sensitive than others
    How was I mean? You mean the Merry Xmas one?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    I lost hope in humanity before this. Society did it for me, before the whole days of Donald Trump and the EU referendum + the racism of the majority of the UK who haven't taken the time to educate themselves thoroughly.

I'll join you in the cave. We can build an underground town.
    And we'll build a wall to keep out the Trump supporters

ReputationRep:
    What did your friend say?
    My friend usually listens ... I do most of the talking ...

I mentioned just how terrible is the state of the world at this moment and pointed my happiness at the fact that us humans luckily do not live that long to see even worse things to come ... Can you imagine a proper 3rd world war with today's weapons?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I cry a fair bit about the sad things that go on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.