Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else just cry about the state of the world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    And we'll build a wall to keep out the Trump supporters
    I like your thinking! Fire dispensers as fortification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    :sadnod:

However, I'm not losing faith in humanity since I firmly believe that there's more good in this world than bad :yep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Some times but there are also things that make me cry with joy at the wonderful things some people do
    N'awww, you guys

sleepyspider I made a whole thread about the state of the world...but oh well...
    Just listen to some music, lie down and be transported to a different world...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    How was I mean? You mean the Merry Xmas one?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    I like your thinking! Fire dispensers as fortification?
    Yes! See, we don't need humanity. We have a cave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    My friend usually listens ... I do most of the talking ...

I mentioned just how terrible is the state of the world at this moment and pointed my happiness at the fact that us humans luckily do not live that long to see even worse things to come ... Can you imagine a proper 3rd world war with today's weapons?
    I feel the same way which is why in debates I always argue against the "eternal living is good" scenario.

But idk - I can't really see such a war happening in this lifetime, though it wouldn't surprise me if it happened soon after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I feel the same way which is why in debates I always argue against the "eternal living is good" scenario.

But idk - I can't really see such a war happening in this lifetime, though it wouldn't surprise me if it happened soon after
    definitely !!
    Most of the time I would love eternal life, particularly because I am scared of death, but when you think the way you described, I am glad we are finite ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyspider)
    Yes! See, we don't need humanity. We have a cave.
    We don't, no! We can mine out our cave and see if we can get some rare mineral. Get rich, too.

ReputationRep:
    It really does frustrates me how *****y the world is. Why can't women drive in some countries? Why is being a homosexual a crime in many countries? Why are there a lot of corrupt politicians that feed people lies? Why are some countries poor even though they are rich in natural resources? Why does the war on drugs continue even though it is a very expensive failure and the money could be used on something beneficial? Why does leaving Islam put people in danger in some countries? Hell, why does criticising Islam put people at risk? Why must people murder other people? Why do people rape?

These are just some examples of the many things I ask myself, it drives me crazy. The world could be so good it has so much potential, alas some must ruin it for the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    sleepyspider I made a whole thread about the state of the world...but oh well...
    Just listen to some music, lie down and be transported to a different world...
    I had to make another one, that's how upset I was
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i.e. in such an emotional state that I completely forgot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    :sadnod:

However, I'm not losing faith in humanity since I firmly believe that there's more good in this world than bad :yep:
    I agree with this PRSOM!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    It is true, so many things exist now that didnt before like the trends....lord...save me from them...dabbing...I mean...what even...on a light hearted note tho, y'all gotta cry about these in the world:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Memes make the world a little brighter

ReputationRep:
    Things are never as bad as they seem. Mother Theresa changed the world, and my favourite quote of hers is:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
    Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
    Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
    Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
    Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
    Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
    Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
    Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
    Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
    I believe that. Hold on to the people you love - Be trustworthy, lift them up and make the world a better place. Sod everything else.

ReputationRep:
    No. Humans are at their most peaceful state to date.

Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Not cry, but earlier in the year (or late last year, I forget) I did have a period in which I was VERY concerned and felt worried throughout the day. This lasted about a week but it helped to talk to a friend who managed to calm me down and share my feelings
    because of the paris attacks?

ReputationRep:
    All the time ffs, it just gets to me in the middle of the night. Can't stop bawling my eyes out.

In all seriousness though, there's no point crying about something happening on the other side of the world. If you truly care then you will at least try to make a difference, even if it's simply donating to a charity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    because of the paris attacks?
    Partly

I think it was an epiphany of all the stuff going on in the world that hit me at once

ReputationRep:
    My view is,there is not an awful lot we can do to change the sorry state the world is in. We can only change our own individual world. One of my favourite forms of escapism is to go on Pinterest. Don`t laugh,i`m being serious ! I have boards filled with beautiful things to look at. Beautiful things that are part of this world. Kittens,baby elephants,Tulips,a sky full of stars,smiling babies,stunning houses,decorated trinket boxes. I could go on,but you get the picture. It is a beautiful world. It`s just that there are elements of ugliness,pain and suffering in it. But don`t allow those ugly parts to blind you to all the beauty that`s out there. Seek it out like I do,even if it`s just looking at pictures on the internet for half an hour each day.[A good tip is not to watch or read the news last thing at night before going to bed.] Instead,maybe put on some relaxing music,maybe get an oil burner and add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil [Lavender helps with relaxation] to the burner and allow the smell to fill the room. Or read a few pages of something uplifting or inspiring like Louise L.Hay. If you do even one of these things before retiring for the night,I can tell you that you will go to bed in a more positive frame of mind and wake up feeling very similar too.

ReputationRep:
    No. Crying doesn't solve anything and misfortunes exist because humans are flawed creatures that often bring misery upon themselves. I don't lose any sleep over it and instead focus on improving myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.