Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently torn between 2 uni's at the moment (Staffs obviously being one of them ) and I'm trying to get a better picture of what the city and uni life in Stoke is like!

I'm looking to do the Music Tech course starting this September, which I hear will have been moved to the fabulous looking Stoke campus.

So, to anybody who goes here/lives here, fire away and try and sell the city/uni life to me as much as you can!

side note: whilst I don't mind nights out and have enjoyed myself quite a lot on various nights out, I wouldn't necessarily consider it as a major selling point. I usually consider myself more of a tamer social drinker than a major party animal :laugh:.
    However despite that, I'd still love to know what kind of night life the city offers too, I can't be spending every night indoors!

ReputationRep:
    good football team ... takes points away from Arsenal every season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    good football team ... takes points away from Arsenal every season!
    Haha! Fortunately I'm a football fan myself so being able to see Stoke do that would certainly a bonus! But only if it's in aid of Liverpool's campaign for the title :lfc:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonardo.L)
    Haha! Fortunately I'm a football fan myself so being able to see Stoke do that would certainly a bonus! But only if it's in aid of Liverpool's campaign for the title :lfc:
    good luck next season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    good luck next season!
    Cheers! It'll be tough I reckon so we'll definitely need it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Its horrible, loads of depressed people due to high unemployment. Its a dump.

ReputationRep:
    I have been at Staffs uni for a year now and I enjoy the life there. There is lots of night life there but I am more about the day life. Lots of shopping if that's your thing but also places like cinema, bowling, restaurants, and pubs. Pretty much anything you fancy is not that far from the uni itself. There is ember lounge and verve on campus which are a pub style and american diner style. Ember always puts big sporting matches on their big screens as well. On campus there is a really good atmosphere because everyone there wants to work hard and the lecturers all want to help you get the best marks that you can. Hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex95card)
    I have been at Staffs uni for a year now and I enjoy the life there. There is lots of night life there but I am more about the day life. Lots of shopping if that's your thing but also places like cinema, bowling, restaurants, and pubs. Pretty much anything you fancy is not that far from the uni itself. There is ember lounge and verve on campus which are a pub style and american diner style. Ember always puts big sporting matches on their big screens as well. On campus there is a really good atmosphere because everyone there wants to work hard and the lecturers all want to help you get the best marks that you can. Hope this helps a little.
    That has reassured me a lot actually! Certainly sounds good to me, and definitely seems more interesting than living in Chester at the mo

I must admit however that I've chosen Derby as my first choice now, but I'm happy knowing that Staffs sounds like a good back-up for me. Thanks for the detailed response!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.