Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research watch

• View Poll Results: What topics will you be picking for Unit 3?
    Energy Security
    70.76%
    Water Conflicts
    57.14%
    Biodiversity Under Threat
    37.87%
    Bridging the Development Gap
    37.21%
    The Technological Fix
    24.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy;[url="tel:65414383")
    65414383[/url]]I'm choosing Biodiversity Under Thread and The Technological Fix?

Anyone else?
    I'm doing tech fix. What case studies are you focusing on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99joey)
    True, well anyway that is the time allocation that my teacher gave us but yeah I do agree, you should take time from that and allocate it towards analyse and conclusion, however you do need to make sure you have a good plan, especially if you don't finish the entire report in time as the plan can tell the examiner how you would have continued
    have you got an example of a good plan? Really unsure on how much detail there should be in it, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    URGENTLY NEEDED! does anyone have a list of the theories that should be learnt for tech fix, development gap and superpowers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilymolly19)
    URGENTLY NEEDED! does anyone have a list of the theories that should be learnt for tech fix, development gap and superpowers?
    Tech Fix don't know, Development is South-North Divide, Rostow, Branlt Line etc. and Superpowers we don't need to know the theories, literally just revise the pre-release for section B

ReputationRep:
    Development gap theories:

1. Rostow's Modernisation theory
    2. Friedmann's Core-Periphery theory
    3. Frank's Dependancy theory
    4. Wallerstein's World Systems theory
    5. Poverty theory
    6. North-South divide model.

Theories for reducing the DG:

1. Neo-liberalist
    2. Marxist
    3. Populist
    4. Grassroots

I'm not learning tech fix. and for Superpowers you will mainly be using information from the pre-release. However, you will get extra marks for synoptic linking, so if you can talk about the DG theories too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roscuro;[url="tel:65440289")
    65440289[/url]]Development gap theories:

1. Rostow's Modernisation theory
    2. Friedmann's World System theory
    3. Frank's Dependancy theory
    4. Wallerstein's World Systems theory
    5. Poverty theory
    6. North-South divide model.

Theories for reducing the DG:

1. Neo-liberalist
    2. Marxist
    3. Populist
    4. Grassroots

I'm not learning tech fix. and for Superpowers you will mainly be using information from the pre-release. However, you will get extra marks for synoptic linking, so if you can talk about the DG theories too.
    Thank you! I am really struggling to remember the theories for reducing the development gap - I hope we don't get questioned on them specifically I do think this is unlikely however as it is so limiting

ReputationRep:
    How are people revising for Unit 3 part B? Are people just learning facts about each country?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an A grade tectonics essay for unit 4 that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just focus on the three main topics/questions, which is the growth levels of China and India in reaching superpower status and the social, economic and environmental implications of both of those situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocofudge123)
    Does anyone have an A grade tectonics essay for unit 4 that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah sure, I just got a recent tectonics mock back that was an A, PM me your email and I'll send it too you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gone through the past questions for Development Gap and Energy and noticed anythings that they haven't mentioned before and therefore would be likely to ask?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gone through the past questions for Development Gap and Energy and noticed anythings that they haven't mentioned before and therefore would be likely to ask?
    To be completely honest, theories.... That's what I haven't seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte;[url="tel:65453123")
    65453123[/url]]To be completely honest, theories.... That's what I haven't seen.
    Would you just talk about the role of debt, core periphery, dependency and neo colonialism, the poverty/development cycle and rosy owe models of development??

Can anyone explain wallerteins world systems theory to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    To be completely honest, theories.... That's what I haven't seen.
    That came up in Jan 2013 as a 15 marker so I doubt it personally, in jan 2013 it was "assess the extent to which models and theories, such as the North-South divide and dependency theory, are useful in helping to understand the development gap"

ReputationRep:
    Would you just talk about the role of debt, core periphery, dependency and neo colonialism, the poverty/development cycle and rosy owe models of development??

Can anyone explain wallerteins world systems theory to me?
    Look at the MS for the Jan 2013 as a question of that nature was a 15 marker and it was 'assess the extent to which models and theories, such as the North-South divide and dependency theory, are useful in helping to understand the development gap' so highly doubtful it will came up and if it does just memorise that questions MS

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Energy Security, what exactly is it that categorizes as a radical future approach to energy? is it adoption of non-conventional sources such as Tar Sands and Nuclear? or is it politics like Green Taxing etc. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That came up in Jan 2013 as a 15 marker so I doubt it personally, in jan 2013 it was "assess the extent to which models and theories, such as the North-South divide and dependency theory, are useful in helping to understand the development gap"
    Was referring to energy with that... sorry for not making it clear. I swear for development it will be something to do with MDGs

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Energy Security, what exactly is it that categorizes as a radical future approach to energy? is it adoption of non-conventional sources such as Tar Sands and Nuclear? or is it politics like Green Taxing etc. Thanks
    It can also be renewables as well! But the obvious ones are tar sands, nuclear and policies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    Was referring to energy with that... sorry for not making it clear. I swear for development it will be something to do with MDGs
    theories for energy? what theories?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what youre asked, technologies being nuclear, renewables etc where policies are things like green taxing

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.