Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research Watch

• View Poll Results: What topics will you be picking for Unit 3?
    Energy Security
    70.76%
    Water Conflicts
    57.14%
    Biodiversity Under Threat
    37.87%
    Bridging the Development Gap
    37.21%
    The Technological Fix
    24.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    Thanks!! Are you re-sitting from last year? (if you dont mind me asking). Also what topics are you learning this year for the exam?
    Hey - no problem. No I'm not resting its my first time. But teacher not helpful so I need as much help as I can get...hopefully others will post notes, preparation material, etc here! I am doing Hazards for Unit 4.

ReputationRep:
    Hiii,

I've also just looked at the pre-release, should be going through it next week with my teacher so I will send through any useful resources.

For unit 4 I do tectonics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s1h2a3n4)
    Hiii,

I've also just looked at the pre-release, should be going through it next week with my teacher so I will send through any useful resources.

That's great to hear! Thanks for helping out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s1h2a3n4)
    Hiii,

Thank you! I'll be waiting anxiously! I'm also doing hazards..a bit bummed that it focuses on landscapes since I know nothing about it...only descriptive information from the textbook...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillyac)
    Thank you! I'll be waiting anxiously! I'm also doing hazards..a bit bummed that it focuses on landscapes since I know nothing about it...only descriptive information from the textbook...
    Me too! Landscapes is the worst bit! Hopefully when we all go through it we can share the case studies we use

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do biodiversity, tech fix and energy

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing pollution and human health, potential ideas/case studies would be nice

ReputationRep:
    hate the unit 3 pre-release but love the unit 4

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to make synoptic links in section A? My teachers kept telling us the pre-release would be tech fix, I have no revision notes on superpowers

Unit 4 looks good though! I'm doing Life on the Margins, what case studies has everyone looked at?

ReputationRep:
    i actually really like the superpowers topic but need to practise unit 4, any case studies that link directly? also what kind of questions could come up??

ReputationRep:
    Unit 4, life on the margins question seems to be very similar to June 2010 : ‘Food supply inequalities have complex physical and human causes’. Discuss'

But since its asking us to 'Explore the political, socio-economic and environmental factors' they might narrow the question down to one cause and compare, or even ask us specifically about 'scales'.

Not sure how i feel about this yet...just going to wait on class prep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelizzister)
    Unit 4, life on the margins question seems to be very similar to June 2010 : ‘Food supply inequalities have complex physical and human causes’. Discuss'

But since its asking us to 'Explore the political, socio-economic and environmental factors' they might narrow the question down to one cause and compare, or even ask us specifically about 'scales'.

Not sure how i feel about this yet...just going to wait on class prep.
    This is very true, could you give examples of some questions you currently think could come up.

e.g. Assess the socio-economic factors which could lead to food supply inequalities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmalrob98)
    Is anyone doing pollution and human health, potential ideas/case studies would be nice
    I am lol, I think managing pollution and having varying examples requires a lot of research but roughly I think we need stuff like London congestion charges, China's pollution management, Jakarta's use of masks , The odd-even car plate trial in Delhi are good examples for it,,.

What do you feel about the methodology, do you prefer the table version or the paragraph one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really bummed it's superpowers as the pre release as wanted to revise that for the other topics my teacher thought it would be tech fix ! Not sure what to revise as the other topics now have too pick 3 so I'm thinking biodiversity then I don't really like any of the others !! What's everyone else doing/ thinks easiest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meg16)
    Really bummed it's superpowers as the pre release as wanted to revise that for the other topics my teacher thought it would be tech fix ! Not sure what to revise as the other topics now have too pick 3 so I'm thinking biodiversity then I don't really like any of the others !! What's everyone else doing/ thinks easiest?
    I can't believe people don't like superpowers. It's not only the most interesting topic, but it's also the most straightforward. I'm also going to do The Technological Fix and The Development Gap.

ReputationRep:
    I do like superpowers I'm saying it's annoying it's the pre release because I found it most interesting to revise for the other questions!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so annoyed with the hazards question! I HATE physical geography and i HATE landforms even more! I wish i could choose a different one, but my school won't support it
    Kind of bummed about superpowers too, only one we haven't been taught! just my luck haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    I'm so annoyed with the hazards question! I HATE physical geography and i HATE landforms even more! I wish i could choose a different one, but my school won't support it
    Kind of bummed about superpowers too, only one we haven't been taught! just my luck haha
    I havent been taught superpowers too so im kind of on the same boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meg16)
    I do like superpowers I'm saying it's annoying it's the pre release because I found it most interesting to revise for the other questions!
    You should be happy I think, as pre-release section is 40 marks/90 and its on Superpowers so ideally you should do really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    You should be happy I think, as pre-release section is 40 marks/90 and its on Superpowers so ideally you should do really well.
    Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.