The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Have people learnt figures I just can't seem to get them in my head

Also do you we need to know the four future scenarios for biodiversity
(edited 7 years ago)
for water how is water hydropolitics different to geopolitics?
Original post by lily1998
Have people learnt figures I just can't seem to get them in my head

Also do you we need to know the four future scenarios for biodiversity

same especially for the synoptic i can't seem to get anything in
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
for water how is water hydropolitics different to geopolitics?

hydropolitics is a type of geopolitics. both are about tensions/relationships between countries in regards to geography.

hydropolitics is about conflict over water- sudan/kashmir but it is a type of geopolitics because it involves countries negotiating/arguing over a geographical component. idk if this makes sense
Does anyone think future energy solutions might come up?
I hope so because it seems like only thing I'm decent at!!
Also does fracking release less CO2 than burning coal right?
Original post by lahorizon
hydropolitics is a type of geopolitics. both are about tensions/relationships between countries in regards to geography.

hydropolitics is about conflict over water- sudan/kashmir but it is a type of geopolitics because it involves countries negotiating/arguing over a geographical component. idk if this makes sense

ok thanks
What could you say for 'suggest reasons why there is so much uncertanty about future global energy needs?'
Reply 527
What are the MEA predictions for Biodiverisy and could these be linked to a question in anyway?
Original post by 12345hhjjkkll
What could you say for 'suggest reasons why there is so much uncertanty about future global energy needs?'

-impossible to predict the changing stucture of the global economy.
-growth of the BRICS and how they will cause a global shift
-hard to predict population growth and as such where demand will lie
-then I would probs say something about international pressures to switch from fossil fuels

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the pre-release
If a question on the political side comes up
How do I answer?
Original post by saira123x
For the pre-release
If a question on the political side comes up
How do I answer?

Less likely however talk about the contrasting political systems:

China - one party (historically communist) state
India - democratic country with elections etc.

Just explain the implications of these systems on the countries socially, economically etc.
Any predictions for energy and water?
Original post by econam
-impossible to predict the changing stucture of the global economy.
-growth of the BRICS and how they will cause a global shift
-hard to predict population growth and as such where demand will lie
-then I would probs say something about international pressures to switch from fossil fuels

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!
Fact:

The U.S is diverting investment away from china because of :

increasing labour costs
intellectual property theft
inconsistent labour laws
polluted air

FDI to India was at $31 billion for the first two quarters of 2015 compared to China's $28 billion.

India is showing great investing potential.
US TNC's like Emerson Electric rely less on labour and use more and more machinery instead.
You can relate the "nutritional transition" to negative effects for the environment.
How did everyone find the exam? Section B was absolutely horrible, not at all the questions I thought would come up!
Original post by beachelsea
How did everyone find the exam? Section B was absolutely horrible, not at all the questions I thought would come up!

I didn't like part B question b - the political one. What did you guys put for synoptic links for that one. I couldn't think of many:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
How did you guys find the exam? I did energy and development gap as I thought the source for water was absolutely shocking! the synoptic question on SPI was also awful! anyone have any other opinions?
Original post by Megfox
How did you guys find the exam? I did energy and development gap as I thought the source for water was absolutely shocking! the synoptic question on SPI was also awful! anyone have any other opinions?

It could have been better. What did you write for development part b as i did it about bilateral, multilateral, humanitarian aid. But not sure if it was just top-down and bottom-up.
Also found pre release part c confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest