Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research watch

• View Poll Results: What topics will you be picking for Unit 3?
    Energy Security
    70.76%
    Water Conflicts
    57.14%
    Biodiversity Under Threat
    37.87%
    Bridging the Development Gap
    37.21%
    The Technological Fix
    24.25%

ReputationRep:
    You can relate the "nutritional transition" to negative effects for the environment.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam? Section B was absolutely horrible, not at all the questions I thought would come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beachelsea)
    How did everyone find the exam? Section B was absolutely horrible, not at all the questions I thought would come up!
    I didn't like part B question b - the political one. What did you guys put for synoptic links for that one. I couldn't think of many:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the exam? I did energy and development gap as I thought the source for water was absolutely shocking! the synoptic question on SPI was also awful! anyone have any other opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megfox)
    How did you guys find the exam? I did energy and development gap as I thought the source for water was absolutely shocking! the synoptic question on SPI was also awful! anyone have any other opinions?
    It could have been better. What did you write for development part b as i did it about bilateral, multilateral, humanitarian aid. But not sure if it was just top-down and bottom-up.
    Also found pre release part c confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissy.98)
    It could have been better. What did you write for development part b as i did it about bilateral, multilateral, humanitarian aid. But not sure if it was just top-down and bottom-up.
    Also found pre release part c confusing!
    Yeah, I wrote about multilateral, voluntary aid, and aid from NGOs and basically did advantages and disadvantages of them!

ReputationRep:
    Liked section A, Section B I barely finished the 16 marker (wrote just about 2 pages). Could have been better tbh but did what I could

ReputationRep:
    I wrote so little in all three of the essays compared to section A, felt like there was less to write about and that I was just repeating myself, section B was naff

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wrote mainly about the advantages and disadvantages of each e.g top down projects like dams funded but these have disadvantages with people forced to relocate etc

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt keen on the synoptic, thought it was very narrow

ReputationRep:
    Grade predictions, anyone? I think quite a few people will have missed the phrase "the extent to which" in the second question of section B. Otherwise there was nothing unexpected (energy and BDG).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megfox)
    I thought water in general was horrible

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for section B part B-the 10 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LevelEconomist)
    What did everyone write for section B part B-the 10 marker?
    In general I found political system didnt really make a difference as one category they had virtually level scores and on another China scored better on freedom and rights etc but you wouldnt think that would be the case consdiering its communist

ReputationRep:
    both parts to the water question were absolutely ****ing disgusting

ReputationRep:
    well section B was awful I can't even remember what I managed to write, and water was another horror story, had to do biodiversity instead which i didn't even revise properly. Not expecting unit 4 to ago any better.

ReputationRep:
    Tough paper. Will definitely separate the men from the boys. Grade boundaries won't be too high

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the Water question part A??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T1221)
    Yeah I wrote mainly about the advantages and disadvantages of each e.g top down projects like dams funded but these have disadvantages with people forced to relocate etc
    Yeah that's good. I did bilateral and a top down example and said it had costs too then multilateral/voluntary and a bottom up example and said it was focused but not a long run economic fix. Then I sort of did general evaluations like tied aid, dependency etc and then other ways to reduce the gap. I'm starting to think my structure was bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shepherd018)
    What did people put for the Water question part A??
    that was the most disgusting thing ive seen, what did you write for b?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.