The Student Room Group

What does it mean to be asexual?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Eternalflames
Nope, as an asexual girl. No hard ons for me :tongue:

Not but seriously, I can't get 'turned on' as other sexual people can.

Sorry, just curious here
So you don't get aroused at all? Is that a common feature of asexuality across the board or is it a specific branch of it?I only ask because being turned on doesn't necessarily mean you have to bang someone but you could sort yourself out instead
Reply 41
Original post by Tinemither
I don't associate wth small minded and shallow people. I prefer to surround myself with positive people or people who are good, not druggies and smokers. I'm still far too impressionable :wink:

I hope you get better soon! You're too kind to be ill, so it has to leave some time soon... I hope.

If only killing people wasn't 'illegal' or 'socially unacceptable'.

I'm the same - except I despised the smell of smoke too. :smile:

Unfortunately it will be here for a very long time. I'm kind on the internet, I'm an ******** elsewhere. :tongue: As for people: I'm not a fan of them, I don't do well around them.
Thanks a lot guys! This really helped me get a detailed perspective of the concept :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by BristolFresher15
Thanks a lot guys! This really helped me get a detailed perspective of the concept :smile:

No problem!
Original post by Airmed
I'm the same - except I despised the smell of smoke too. :smile:

Unfortunately it will be here for a very long time. I'm kind on the internet, I'm an ******** elsewhere. :tongue: As for people: I'm not a fan of them, I don't do well around them.

I do too. I strongly dislike alcohol and have no desire to drink, either.

Let's hope it doesn't give you too much grief then! You don't deserve it.

I'm going to work with people, so i need to get better quickly :wink:
Original post by T Stark
Sorry, just curious here
So you don't get aroused at all? Is that a common feature of asexuality across the board or is it a specific branch of it?I only ask because being turned on doesn't necessarily mean you have to bang someone but you could sort yourself out instead

I don't, no. Not one bit. To be 'turned on' you have to desire sex or some form of sexual attraction. We don't experience that :3
Reply 46
I do too. I strongly dislike alcohol and have no desire to drink, either.

Let's hope it doesn't give you too much grief then! You don't deserve it.

I'm going to work with people, so i need to get better quickly :wink:

I prefer not to drink anymore because it makes me feel like ****.

Hopefully it doesn't but we're a long while off.

I hope to bury myself into academics for as long as I can afford to.
Original post by Airmed
I prefer not to drink anymore because it makes me feel like ****.

Hopefully it doesn't but we're a long while off.

I hope to bury myself into academics for as long as I can afford to.

I've never been drunk, but have seen the effects. Unpleasant, to say the least.

I am so curious, but should not ask. It's not fair.

Do you know what you want to do?
Reply 48
I've never been drunk, but have seen the effects. Unpleasant, to say the least.

I am so curious, but should not ask. It's not fair.

Do you know what you want to do?

I've been tipsy. But yeah it's not nice.

:laugh: My entire mh journey is documented on tsr!

Currently studying politics. Would like a masters in history. Maybe work in archives - been doing some volunteering at my uni one and I adore it.
It really sucks. I feel like I'm missing out on something huge and will probably stay alone forever. It's terrifying.
Hey I'm aromantuc and asexual and for a long time I ID as polyromantic demisexual. To me, asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to any gender, but still with the possibility of having a very strong sex drive, it doesnt mean you lack one. Many sexualities can lie on the ace spectrum including demi and grey-ace. Demisexuality is the lack of sexual attraction until an emotional bond is formed, and no, it doesnt men that a person is picky or has high standards. Grey-ace is when you might only experience any form of sexual attraction once or maybe twice. Being ace doesn't mean that they are celibate, just like anyone of us could be celibate due to a personal choice, whereas sexuality is not a choice.

Being aromantic meams that I do not experience amy romantic attraction either, and this is totally different to sexuality. The two orientarions, although they tend to match are two completely unrelated things. Someone can be aromantic and pansexual or panromantic and asexusl, tbe possibilities are endless. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by T Stark
Sorry, just curious here

I could turn myself on with touch but I feel no need to. I don't get sexual thoughts so I don't get turned on from that. I do not masturbate and do not feel any urge to either.
Some asexuals do masturbate, but they're not thinking about sex when they do it.
Reply 52
Original post by Lagomorph
It really sucks. I feel like I'm missing out on something huge and will probably stay alone forever. It's terrifying.

Poor you. But it will get better, I promise.
Original post by Lagomorph

Honestly! Its fine, I'm in the same position, although slightly different. I'm comfortable with being ace and I accept it because it feels like I've known for so long, not feeling the same and doing the same as other people. But I was fine with it because I thought I would have a nice romantic relationship with someone.

But no. What I'm sad about is being aromantic because we grow up in such a romanticized and sexualized society and I'm not going to experience any of it. But I'm coming to terms with it because it makes me, me :smile:
Original post by LoveTheDivergent
Honestly! Its fine, I'm in the same position, although slightly different. I'm comfortable with being ace and I accept it because it feels like I've known for so long, not feeling the same and doing the same as other people. But I was fine with it because I thought I would have a nice romantic relationship with someone.

But no. What I'm sad about is being aromantic because we grow up in such a romanticized and sexualized society and I'm not going to experience any of it. But I'm coming to terms with it because it makes me, me :smile:

I know what you mean! I still can't get over it though. Everyone I know is getting into a relationship and being all happy together and I can't help but feel envious.
As of now I consider myself as a sort of fear induced aesexual with heteroromantic feelings towards girls.

I feel uncomfortable and get rather scared when I think of myself in any part of a sexual situation.
I probably won't be like this forever but I don't mind. I'm in no rush to have sex despite people constantly telling me that I need "to get laid" or to "get my dick wet". Some often think I'm gay but I'm not. I know this as I desire a relationship for companionship.
@BristolFresher15 this website has all the FAQs you might have

http://www.asexuality.org/home/
Original post by Death Grips
@fatima1998 Please explain to us hat it feels like to be asexual for you.

hahaha!
it feeels great :h:
you don't have to think about anything - like any pain any uncomfortableness - you are free
Original post by Jebedee
"Asexual reproduction is a type of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it does not involve the fusion of gametes and almost never changes the number of chromosomes. Asexual reproduction is the primary form of reproduction for single-celled organismssuch as the archaebacteria, eubacteria, and protists. Many plants and fungi reproduce asexually as well."

Plagiarism :u:
People here saying asexuals can have sexual attraction is like saying gays can get attracted to the opposite sex (unless you're bi). If you're not keen on having sex with people unless you're dating (forming strong emotional attachment) then that just means you're not the type to sleep around with people aka not slutty (applies to male and female).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending