The Student Room Group

What is a private university?

As opposed to a normal one? I thought as you have to pay in the U.K. All universities are private?

What are some examples?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are universities that are not run by the government, although they can still rely on things such as tax breaks and grants.
Original post by Mayhem™
They are universities that are not run by the government, although they can still rely on things such as tax breaks and grants.

Like which ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
Like which ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are five fully private universities in the United Kingdom: the University of Buckingham, BPP University, Regent's University London, the University of Law and Arden University.
Original post by Mayhem™
There are five fully private universities in the United Kingdom: the University of Buckingham, BPP University, Regent's University London, the University of Law and Arden University.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Mayhem™

Didn't think serious answers were your thing. :biggrin:

Have you reformed? :tongue:
Original post by stefano865
Didn't think serious answers were your thing. :biggrin:

Have you reformed? :tongue:

I offer a range of replies :smug:
Reply 7
Original post by Mayhem™
I offer a range of replies :smug:

:rofl::rofl:
Reply 8
Original post by davidguettafan

Be cautious.

Naturally they tend to use their private status to promote themselves as more dynamic, 'outside the box' institutions.

There are much better Government funded universities.

Quick Reply