Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AJ's Spring 2016 Anime Preview Thread Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    And finally (in both senses), we have Magi: Sinbad no Bouken

I really liked the main series of Magi, but wondered whether a spin-off series would be as good without the amusing antics of Aladdin and Alibaba. I needn't have worried though, as young Sinbad is equal parts hilarious and adorable. He was about the only bright thing in this otherwise dark and violent first episode, though. Looks like it'll be another gem in an already strong season, and it's a series I'll definitely be coming back to... but not until it's fully subbed - I believe this is the only (non-child oriented) series that's lacking a fast, reliable weekly release.

ReputationRep:
    As always thanks for making this thread and list.:yep: These children card/disc game series sure are popular.:hmmmm:

Stuff that got my attention:

big order
    Joker Game
    jojo
    Kiznaiver
    kabaneri thingy
    Mayoiga

Will probably want some lighter stuff inbetween all that serious grownupness.:giggle: Will keep my ears open for anything that shows promise.

EDIT: Or I could just read the first 5 pages of this thread.:giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    As always thanks for making this thread and list.:yep: These children card/disc game series sure are popular.:hmmmm:

Stuff that got my attention:

big order
    Joker Game
    jojo
    Kiznaiver
    kabaneri thingy
    Mayoiga

Will probably want some lighter stuff inbetween all that serious grownupness.:giggle: Will keep my ears open for anything that shows promise.

EDIT: Or I could just read the first 5 pages of this thread.:giggle:
    A good selection, though Mayoiga's unintentionally turning out to be more of a comedy than a horror, but still worth a look for that reason IMO. :mmm:

I tried to put a bit more effort into my first impressions this time around (as opposed to the usual 'picking up this series, because it's good'), seeing as they're now getting promoted on the My TSR page and all. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    From AJs first impression Bungou Stray Dogs seems to fit the bill.:beard: That and I love good stupid facial expressions.:teeth::unimpressed::shock:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    A good selection, though Mayoiga's unintentionally turning out to be more of a comedy than a horror, but still worth a look for that reason IMO. :mmm:

I tried to put a bit more effort into my first impressions this time around (as opposed to the usual 'picking up this series, because it's good'), seeing as they're now getting promoted on the My TSR page and all. :giggle:
    You have to semi wear your official hat.:giggle:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.