Turn on thread page Beta

B945 - Sex Discrimination (Election Candidates) Act 2002 (Repeal) Bill watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm iffy on all-women shortlists, but would this ban pairing (where one constituency needing a new constituency picks a man and is paired with a similarly-winnable one that picks a woman) as is used for the Welsh Assembly and which I definitely support?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think it is a bit silly when there are rules where firms have to employ an exactly equal number of men and women. People should be employed based on how qualified they are, not on whether they are male or female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I'm iffy on all-women shortlists, but would this ban pairing (where one constituency needing a new constituency picks a man and is paired with a similarly-winnable one that picks a woman) as is used for the Welsh Assembly and which I definitely support?
    No because this only affects NI.

ReputationRep:
    The formatting is not upto par, it only applies to NI and it's repealing a bit of legislation that overrides an act i'm not sure we need.

Abstain.

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This has entered cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Division! Clear the Lobbies!

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.