As above I think i would by the following:

£2,000 on stock to buy and sell
    £1,000 on gold or silver
    £2,000 on shares
    £5,000 on number 5

ReputationRep:
    £7000 in a pension
    £3000 in a S&S ISA

All in a LifeStrategy 100% (or similar) fund, because I'm happy to have a nice long horizon.

ReputationRep:
    £10000 is not even worth investing ....

ReputationRep:
    stick in a normal account and use it for my time at university

ReputationRep:
    £8,000 in intraday FOREX/Equity/Options trading.
    £2,000 in short term binary options trading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koolin123)

£1,000 on gold or silver
    £2,000 on shares
    £5,000 on number 5
    i'd actually look online as you can make so big bucks on commercial goods, vehicles and high end stuff like clothes, watches and jewellery
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just made £500 off of a barbour and a hugo boss jacket that cost me £40 total

ReputationRep:
    biscuits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i'd actually look online as you can make so big bucks on commercial goods, vehicles and high end stuff like clothes, watches and jewellery
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just made £500 off of a barbour and a hugo boss jacket that cost me £40 total
    Yeah funnily enough I hear LEGO sets are hugely profitable! Buying big movie merchandise sets and selling them after their finish producing them can bring in tonnes of cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will3482)
    Yeah funnily enough I hear LEGO sets are hugely profitable! Buying big movie merchandise sets and selling them after their finish producing them can bring in tonnes of cash.
    it's true but the condition has to be literally not even a scratch on the polythene wrapper to command big bucks where as a car or jewellery piece can just be polished up

ReputationRep:
    Stick it into current accounts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koolin123)

£1,000 on gold or silver
    £2,000 on shares
    £5,000 on number 5
    Why are you excluding ISA? 3/4 of those you've posted can be invested in an ISA

Do you actually know what an ISA is...

ReputationRep:
    He's probably just thinking of a cash ISA which by current rates are a poor option imo when not earning a huge amount. Get a S&S ISA or a high interest current account.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd stick what i can in accounts with interest rates of 4% or higher. Afterward it would purchase stock.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.