Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messier31)
    Are you sure you can't throw it in regular maths or something? I can get 0 and it'll make no difference to anything :lol:

Only reason for us to revise it is pride
    I haven't sat enough modules yet to ensure A*A*. I need 82 in C4 and then 15 in some other A2 unit so I guess S3 could go down the pan

I guess it makes my life easier with trying for the third A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    I haven't sat enough modules yet to ensure A*A*. I need 82 in C4 and then 15 in some other A2 unit so I guess S3 could go down the pan

I guess it makes my life easier with trying for the third A*
    Oh fair enough

What do you need for your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Not needing a good grade in it a doesn't help

Is it bad that I don't even know the chapters :lol:

Tempted to flunk it and start revising for FP2 but I'll probably do the questions by topic at least
    I need around a B so hopefully i can get that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I need around a B so hopefully i can get that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should get that easily if you fight through the boredom

ReputationRep:
    You should get that easily if you fight through the boredom
    Lol i banking on near 100s in M3-5.
    For the A* in AFM i need 350/400 in M3-5 S3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh fair enough

What do you need for your firm?
    A*A* (Maths, Further Maths) A (Physics or AFM)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek4:

I think you'll find uni maths a breeze at that rate.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Already got the M3 so shouldn't be too bad I guess

(Original post by Euclidean)
    A*A* (Maths, Further Maths) A (Physics or AFM)
    Oh so you don't even need a grade in AFM at all really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :eek4:

I think you'll find uni maths a breeze at that rate.
    Na i doubt it, i spoke to someone who got the second highest score in Maths fm and afm and he said uni applied is crazy hard. I hope M4/5 helps tho. Dynamics and relativity is crazy hard apparently. Tensors n stuff, u know the drill .

ReputationRep:
    Not really in terms of my offer, I'd like a good grade though for CV

ReputationRep:
    For Spearman's RCC, how are 'Tied Ranks' supposed to be dealt with?

Also, is it fine to write:

H_0: There is no correlation between X and Y

Rather than:

H_0: \rho = 0

ReputationRep:
    Already got the M3 so shouldn't be too bad I guess

Yeh probably, hope i dnt drop a stupid mark in M3 cause it will prob cost like 3ums.
    M4 shud be fine, need to do some revision for M5 still.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Na i doubt it, i spoke to someone who got the second highest score in Maths fm and afm and he said uni applied is crazy hard. I hope M4/5 helps tho. Dynamics and relativity is crazy hard apparently. Tensors n stuff, u know the drill .
    It is hard but it just takes a lot more work than leaving things to the last minute and hoping for the best - rather, developing your understanding over time and being able to apply it to very unseen things

ReputationRep:
    Just done June 15, UK, I don't understand what was hard about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Just done June 15, UK, I don't understand what was hard about it?
    Most found the variables algebra (think it was 5d, the 6 marker on probability involving U bar or something) bit hard and the last question a bit weird (personally I got all the supposedly "hard" bits and dropped a few UMS from stupid mistakes lol). Looking back on question 5 it seems almost trivial. In the exam it threw me a bit first time but I came back to it and it was sorta obvious.
    Anyhow it obviously wasn't crazy hard given the boundaries, nothing like FP3 last year for instance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Most found the variables algebra (think it was 5d, the 6 marker on probability involving U bar or something) bit hard and the last question a bit weird (personally I got all the supposedly "hard" bits and dropped a few UMS from stupid mistakes lol). Looking back on question 5 it seems almost trivial. In the exam it threw me a bit first time but I came back to it and it was sorta obvious.
    Ah, yeah. I can see how Q5 might trip people up given how badly independence is taught at A-Level. The last questions is like one of the only recent papers which had a nice numbers for goodness of fit. It does seem like the sort of thing whose difficulty would be magnified under exam conditions.

Anyhow it obviously wasn't crazy hard given the boundaries, nothing like FP3 last year for instance
    Ooh yeah, I need to have a look at that paper soon-ish. Thanks for reminding me! Looks like your year had quite the bumps.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yeah. I can see how Q5 might trip people up given how badly independence is taught at A-Level. The last questions is like one of the only recent papers which had a nice numbers for goodness of fit. It does seem like the sort of thing whose difficulty would be magnified under exam conditions.

Ooh yeah, I need to have a look at that paper soon-ish. Thanks for reminding me! Looks like your year had quite the bumps.
    What I don't get though is why people didn't just try to express U bar in terms of other variables. I mean that's what I did at first just to see if it'd make a difference before actually realising the idea behind the question. Yeah that's true and I recall actually quite enjoying the target stuff. It was as "fun" a stats paper as you can get...

It wasn't so bad...S2 and FP2 were for the most part a walk in the park, although the boundaries were correspondingly insane. I just recommend you don't do that FP3 after the easy S2 lol, that was a culture shock

ReputationRep:

Fp3 2015 was a beautiful paper, the hardest prt which was a 6 marker i didnt get time to do in the paper but when i did it afterwards it was beautiful, a proper maths question. Like proper. I have seen a step question/part exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    What I don't get though is why people didn't just try to express U bar in terms of other variables. I mean that's what I did at first just to see if it'd make a difference before actually realising the idea behind the question. Yeah that's true and I recall actually quite enjoying the target stuff. It was as "fun" a stats paper as you can get...

It wasn't so bad...S2 and FP2 were for the most part a walk in the park, although the boundaries were correspondingly insane. I just recommend you don't do that FP3 after the easy S2 lol, that was a culture shock
    Haha i did Fp3 first and it payed off. I somehow got the focii bit proving tbe distance completely wrong but i write out the same line in the last prt of the MS. It was 4 marks i only wrote one line which is prob why i got 1 mark/4 lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha i did Fp3 first and it payed off. I somehow got the focii bit proving tbe distance completely wrong but i write out the same line in the last prt of the MS. It was 4 marks i only wrote one line which is prob why i got 1 mark/4 lol.
    I lost it when the eigenvalues were really weird...couldn't believe I'd done it right and kept looking for a mistake then I just left or barely bothered with half the proofs properly lol. Dropped like a dozen marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.