Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Oh yeah, thinking back you're right. Well I think that's sorted then, mustn't matter.

I'm glad someone else was left thinking that, I thought I'd gotten something wrong
    Normally it's 3 or even 2 marks ... one of the marks must be for putting the %

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    for some willy old specs they give 5 marks for confidence interval so i'm not really concern about that. on the other hand 4 marks for the new variance question seems odd to me.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone reckon they wouldnt accept converting % to decimals from the start and doing that for the final answer i.e 0.195 instead of 19.5%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    for some willy old specs they give 5 marks for confidence interval so i'm not really concern about that. on the other hand 4 marks for the new variance question seems odd to me.
    I feel u bro I spent like 8 mins on that question and 1 min on the interval q. But normally ci q's are like 4/5 marker

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get 33.87 for Question 8 ??

ReputationRep:
    Aha are you trying to reignite this % mystery?
    It said mu% in the q so it normally gives you leeway on the answer because it would be like writing 19.8%% iygm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    Wrong thread dude only 7 qs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Wrong thread dude only 7 qs
    S3 IAL had 8 questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    I'm glad someone else was left thinking that, I thought I'd gotten something wrong
    Nah, happens all the time in S3. You get answers that are 1 line for 8 marks.

ReputationRep:
    I feel u bro I spent like 8 mins on that question and 1 min on the interval q. But normally ci q's are like 4/5 marker
    Definitely haha, the mark distribution is pretty weird.
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Nah, happens all the time in S3. You get answers that are 1 line for 8 marks.
    Thinking back on past papers that's very true. Everything just intensifies in the exam lol

ReputationRep:
    Can someone else also confirm how many marks Q4 part (a) was?
    I heard few different answers (about the amount of marks for this question) so I dont know which one it is.

Part (a) was about difference in E being greater than 2.
    P(I e1-e2 I > 2)

ReputationRep:
    Aha are you trying to reignite this % mystery?
    It said mu% in the q so it normally gives you leeway on the answer because it would be like writing 19.8%% iygm
    No it wouldn't...the numbers you write are the limits of the confidence interval. They don't have a % already attached on them

EDIT: oh I see what you mean...yeah maybe but they could be ********s about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    Damn seems like everything in s3 has needlessly high marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Can someone else also confirm how many marks Q4 part (a) was?
    I heard few different answers (about the amount of marks for this question) so I dont know which one it is.

Part (a) was about difference in E being greater than 2.
    P(I e1-e2 I > 2)
    5 marks I 'think'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the Binomial (8 marks) and Poisson (6 marks) tests when working out degrees of freedom I forgot to subtract the initial restriction (v-1 - further restrictions) on both, how many marks do you think that will have lost me? :/

ReputationRep:
    S3 IAL had 8 questions.
    Hey, you doing an unofficial ms?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you doing an unofficial ms?
    I don't mind doing one, I'll see if nobody else has done one and if so, then I'll pitch in. I think someone else might be doing one, though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind doing one, I'll see if nobody else has done one and if so, then I'll pitch in. I think someone else might be doing one, though.
    Sweet

ReputationRep:
    Yeh watch out, mandem will **** u up blud. Do it from an anonymous account in Chat section 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    33.87 as in for the upper value of the critical region? i didnt get that damn but for some reason that answer sounds better than mine :-p

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.