Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Lol I can never get full marks in anything, I make too many mistakes.

At levels I had 100 UMS knowledge but I'd never actually get it. It's always 97, 95 lol so annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I have not come anywhere close to 100 rest assured.

:console: 97 or 95 is still pretty impressive though :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with the S3 edexcel book, can you explain Q5 Ex 2A. It has been driving me nuts for about 45 minutes wondering where in the table the numbers are coming from in the solutions in Part b and c.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1461790555.837622.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  141.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Anyone with the S3 edexcel book, can you explain Q5 Ex 2A. It has been driving me nuts for about 45 minutes wondering where in the table the numbers are coming from in the solutions in Part b and c.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1461790555.837622.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  141.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is the question I was referring to when I said 'the textbook questions are rubbish ' it is not clear at all how they got those numbers in the answers. So just make sure you know the method and one way of doing it and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Did u lot actually learn ch 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. I'll spam it night before the exam and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Nope. I'll spam it night before the exam and hope for the best.
    dang you're brave

ReputationRep:
    We're not all as dumb as you.
    Come on man that was uncalled for

ReputationRep:
    Well your retarded, mentally and probably physically.
    Your mum says hello from my house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOOOOOOOOL

Banter with you is always A1 omg

ReputationRep:
    Well your retarded, mentally and probably physically.
    Your mum says hello from my house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh btw I tutored your sister last night

and I showed her the growth of my natural log yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckNotGooseG)
    oh btw I tutored your sister last night

and I showed her the growth of my natural log yesterday
    Took you 6 mins to think of that.
    Growth of natural log, that is all you say.
    You should grow your natural log, its current ln(0) -infinity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're not all as dumb as you.
    Wtf???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DuckNotGooseG)
    Righto.. back to the topic at hand, I think.

ReputationRep:
    For June 2015 question 1c, can't H1 (alt hypotheses) be p<0 as the claim is higher book pages the lesser the borrows?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    For June 2015 question 1c, can't H1 (alt hypotheses) be p<0 as the claim is higher book pages the lesser the borrows?
    Yes, but they're concerned with ranks. Notice that the higher the (number of) rank, the greater the number of pages.

ReputationRep:
    When working with Confidence intervals of random percentages, how do you get exact values of z? I only get them upto 2dp.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When working with Confidence intervals of random percentages, how do you get exact values of z? I only get them upto 2dp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Percentage point tables under the normal distribution table. Page 21 of the PDF using acrobat/chrome or page 19 on the actual PDF of the formula booklet.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Check the formula booklet/textbook, there is a table with values to 4 d.p for some values like 2.5%, 5%, 0.01% etc.

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM guys, cheers forgot about those tables!

ReputationRep:
    Hey SeanFM, could you please explain the difference between quota and stratified sampling? I'm struggling to see differences, but what I make of it is that in quota sampling you just know the proportions/percentages of each type of member that goes into a sample, and in stratified sampling you divide the population into strata and THEN apply systematic sampling. Confused about this.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Hey SeanFM, could you please explain the difference between quota and stratified sampling? I'm struggling to see differences, but what I make of it is that in quota sampling you just know the proportions/percentages of each type of member that goes into a sample, and in stratified sampling you divide the population into strata and THEN apply systematic sampling. Confused about this.
    You're right, they seem almost identical I'm looking at this page and it doesn't seem to be clear. In quota sampling they seem to get an interviewer and interview a number of people until they have enough of that group, and may do some more interviews but won't count then. It seems a bit weird

The obvious disadvantage is that quota involves an interviewer so a disadvantage is that it can introduce interviewer bias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    You're right, they seem almost identical I'm looking at this page and it doesn't seem to be clear. In quota sampling they seem to get an interviewer and interview a number of people until they have enough of that group, and may do some more interviews but won't count then. It seems a bit weird

The obvious disadvantage is that quota involves an interviewer so a disadvantage is that it can introduce interviewer bias
    I think I sorta figured it out. Quota is completely random in who it interviews (no random numbering or such) while stratified is systematic. Thank you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.