Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had planned on going out to dinner with a few people (family and friends). They had brought it up and talked about it all week. So on my birthday at noon I get a call where do you want to go for dinner? So I answered with the name of a restaurant. I picked a restaurant in the area that was inexpensive that is supposed to have good food and thought everyone would like. Do you need a reservation? they asked me. I asked what time can everyone be there and we can see if we need one. They responded just see what time a table is available. I said I am online now and tables are available I need to know a time and I can make the reservation. They again responded glibly to just see when a table was available. So I reiterated right now tables were available for the entire evening and I could make the reservation. This person had been on the phone all day with the two others coming so it was unclear why they couldn't tell me a time. The person again said see what time a table is available! So I said I did, I can't make a reservation unless I know a time. Silence. I said maybe lets just not worry about it we could go another time and got off the phone. I have always made a reservation for the others on their Birthdays or events. I was most hurt that they had been so glib. (This person is intelligent enough to know how and when to make a reservation.) So at 5:15pm I get a call from that person and they say 6pm, like it's all set! I was really pretty much out of the mood and angry about the whole thing but I thought don't be a jerk. So I agreed to it even on a few minutes notice. A few moments later in the conversation it came out they had not made a reservation and suggested I make one. I said well I'm not sure we can get a table and I checked online and they did not have tables. The person called and indeed no tables. So again I said it was ok we could go another time. Then they said we could go for a sandwich! I said no I really didn't want to go out anymore and we could go out another time. So then they said well I'm hungry you and I could go get a hamburger. So I finally said if your hungry go get yourself something and got off the phone. I think this was really mean and inconsiderate. My feeling are hurt. I have always made sure everyone including that person has had a cake, card, gift, a lunch/or/dinner or whatever outing they wanted and have gone out of my way to make the person feel special and see that they have a nice time. Not just one year but year after year. Everyone involved could afford to go out to dinner and I would never palm the bill off on them so this is not an issue of money. It was more nobody could be bothered. I don't even care about going out it was just such a let down. Just venting and wondering if its me.

ReputationRep:
    Please use paragraphs...

Anyway, sounds to me like that person treated you kinda crappily, so it's not just you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Please use paragraphs...

Anyway, sounds to me like that person treated you kinda crappily, so it's not just you.
    Thanks for the nice reply. I was really upset yesterday and your reassurance made me feel better.

Things did turn around. Today went out with friends and later went out with my brother and mom. Had a really nice day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Val515)
    Thanks for the nice reply. I was really upset yesterday and your reassurance made me feel better.

Things did turn around. Today went out with friends and later went out with my brother and mom. Had a really nice day.
    I'm glad things are looking up. Good luck to ya!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.