Turn on thread page Beta

I've had a massive crush on this cute guy at work for the best part of 5 months, I asked him out at the end of December but he said no to me. I love to see him at work because I think he's adorable but I know that having feelings for him is completely pointless because nothing good can come from it and I find it hard to be productive when he's in and talking to me

How do I get rid of these feelings?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Hi there. I'm sorry to here about your experience. Well done for having the courage to ask him out. I think it might have been worse if you'd let the fantasy play out mentally but of course it is not ideal that things didn't turn out the way you hoped.

You can try keeping some distance (if possible) and meeting new people and investing in those relationships whether they be platonic or romantic.
    One thing that I have noticed when I have crushed on others is that my mental impression of one is always amazing and idealistic. Try to bring that back to reality by considering their flaws. Whenever you feel the feelings returning, you may also find it helpful to take a deep breath and distract yourself with another thought or activity.

And lastly, this is something everyone goes through. Relax, it'll fade in time and don't be afraid to talk your friends about it. I'm sure they'll have had similar experiences in the past.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.