Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really, really can't decide and I need to decide asap to get accommodation and it's really stressing me out . I got in to both along with Coley y Cymoedd in Wales (which does look lovely but I want to do art foundation at a more well established college).
    Bournemouth offered me CC
    Leeds offered me E - which is basically an unconditional as I would at least get that even if I totally screw up the current unit.
    I cannot decide.
    The fact Leeds gave me a low offer is encouraging as it feels like they really want me but I hope to get an A* in art so grades aren't really the issue.
    The problem with Leeds is that I will want to get down to Bristol every couple of months to see my boyfriend and train fairs are super expensive (although parents said they can help me out)
    Problem with Bournemouth is it seemed so... Clean and polished. Ok that sounds daft but Leeds college of art seemes to have a bit more character to it. Also in Bournemouth individual study space is never offered and with Leeds it is offered after Christmas.
    I would like to apply for top art universities next year but both colleges have a good reputation.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I also have offers from both of these for Foundation! I didn't really like Bournemouth - the atmosphere and layout of the place really reminded me of high school.

I'm no longer doing a Foundation as I got into my BA, but Leeds college of art would defo be my first choice. Apart from the course and the building, the city is really great, whereas Bournemouth seemed a bit depressing.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=contradicta;63373351]I also have offers from both of these for Foundation! I didn't really like Bournemouth - the atmosphere and layout of the place really reminded me of high school.

I totally agree. It did seem really schooly and 'safe' which having lived in a small town my whole life I kind of want to escape from. I'm just really annoyed about the extortionate price of rail fares from Leeds for what would be a solid £70- £150 cost for a return even booked months in advance with a railcard. Although I certainly know I shouldn't base such a life decision on being closer to my boyfriend.

(If I was going by my heart I would pick South Wales as the staff were just so lovely and even recognised me from before. Not to mention its a smaller course and I would have my own space all year. Unfortunately I've been convinced against that one by the fact its a much less recognised course with less funding and was close to shutting this time last year.)

Thank you for your reply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.