Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, nice to meet you. I've only read your threads until now, but I guess the time to ask some questions myself has come. I've recieved 4 offers. The problem is that I have no idea where to go. I like all four universities, they are unique and all offer remarkable student life. I would like to hear what you guys (and gals) think. I've been offered a place in The University of Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield and Nottingham. I am an EU student so they are all really far away from home and location does not matter.

Yes, I've seen statistics and rankings, but I don't think charts are enough for me to make that choice. I'd really be thankful if someone could share their experience, note some things that might not be in the statistics and help me out in any way with whatever information they have.

If the above is TL;DR - Leeds vs Newcastle vs Sheffield vs Nottingham

Thank you in advance,

Todd

EDIT: I'm going to study Computer Science (with year in industry)

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at the course structure for each university and see which one you prefer - does one have more exams or coursework? Do the modules look better at one over the others?

Also think about the hobbies you might want to take up/continue when you get to university and have a look at their societies - some societies will be a lot more active than others.

ReputationRep:
    what course? NTU or UoN?

ReputationRep:
    If you are an international student it is worth making sure that you can definitely stay in university accommodation after the first year (if you wish ) and check out the bursaries that you might be entitled to - as these things can sometimes be the deciding factor.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    what course? NTU or UoN?
    Sorry, for not mentioning above. I've edited the post ( BSc CompSc + year in industry, UON)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tstanev97)
    Sorry, for not mentioning above. I've edited the post ( BSc CompSc + year in industry, UON)
    oh im at ntu so i cant really say much about the uni but the city itself is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'd use some more help over here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.