Turn on thread page Beta

Concerned about my appetite - Please Help watch

I have no appetite, and I feel weak and anxious a lot, and I don't know what to do. I just don't feel like eating. I have lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks and I don't want to slip back into disordered eating behaviours and body dysmorphia.

My lack of appetite isn't to do with a desire to lose weight i just cannot face food and am basically force feeding myself.

What do you do to overcome a complete loss of appetite? Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    eat terrys chocolate oranges

ReputationRep:
    i never eat, cant remember the last time i had a proper meal. i dont eat any meal of the day
    infact, i dont like eat because when i do it make my stomach hurt and i feel more hungry so i just suppress my appetite and it goes away
    if i get to the point i feel sick il eat something small and the cycle begins again

so sorry, no advice

I'm sorry you're going through this OP, i don't know how to help but I'll bump this

ReputationRep:
    I usually have this once or twice a week. Sorry to hear that yours is constant.
    Try to eat small meals instead of big ones, and cook food that smells good or looks appetizing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have no appetite, and I feel weak and anxious a lot, and I don't know what to do. I just don't feel like eating. I have lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks and I don't want to slip back into disordered eating behaviours and body dysmorphia.

My lack of appetite isn't to do with a desire to lose weight i just cannot face food and am basically force feeding myself.

What do you do to overcome a complete loss of appetite? Any advice?
    You should probably go and see your GP aboout this? Have you spoken to anybody about this?

I personally don't think you should ever force feed yourself, as it will only make you want to not eat even more.

Hope you get well soon, ravioliyears x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.