Concerned about my appetite - Please Help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have no appetite, and I feel weak and anxious a lot, and I don't know what to do. I just don't feel like eating. I have lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks and I don't want to slip back into disordered eating behaviours and body dysmorphia.

My lack of appetite isn't to do with a desire to lose weight i just cannot face food and am basically force feeding myself.

What do you do to overcome a complete loss of appetite? Any advice?
sandvika
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
eat terrys chocolate oranges
shawtyb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i never eat, cant remember the last time i had a proper meal. i dont eat any meal of the day
infact, i dont like eat because when i do it make my stomach hurt and i feel more hungry so i just suppress my appetite and it goes away
if i get to the point i feel sick il eat something small and the cycle begins again

so sorry, no advice
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I'm sorry you're going through this OP, i don't know how to help but I'll bump this
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I usually have this once or twice a week. Sorry to hear that yours is constant.
Try to eat small meals instead of big ones, and cook food that smells good or looks appetizing.
ravioli51
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have no appetite, and I feel weak and anxious a lot, and I don't know what to do. I just don't feel like eating. I have lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks and I don't want to slip back into disordered eating behaviours and body dysmorphia.

My lack of appetite isn't to do with a desire to lose weight i just cannot face food and am basically force feeding myself.

What do you do to overcome a complete loss of appetite? Any advice?
You should probably go and see your GP aboout this? Have you spoken to anybody about this?

I personally don't think you should ever force feed yourself, as it will only make you want to not eat even more.

Hope you get well soon, ravioliyears x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (546)
59.48%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (130)
14.16%

Watched Threads