The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I had Modules 4 & 5 today; (Philosophy of Mind & Hume's "Enquiries"). They didn't go all that well....I'm pretty much depending on the synoptic :frown: Its so annoying to see a whole year's work go up in smoke in two hours...ho-hum. How did everyone els find it?
Reply 2
I had it 2day as well m8.

Same as you ; mind and hume.
I too thought it was hard; give it my best shot though. Question on Hume wasn't all that bad though I struggled on the liberty part a little and just talked about determinism and didn't do a lot on free will.

The mind questions were quie hard; it is quite an art just to realise what the actual questions are asking you for. I did well last yr and am fairly confident that I did a good synoptic so I'll see.

tbh though this yr Philosophy has become my "fun" subject as I have concentrated heavily on Maths, Physics and Geog.
I had M2 this morning along with the Phil this afternoon so I just gave it my best shot.

I wouldn't worry though; what will be will be! :smile:
Reply 3
Yup. By my reckoning only needed high U grades to get the A overall though.

Thought the papers (Hume and political) were as straight forward as ever. That is, not that the material is straightforward, but the way they ask the questions tends not to be tricky.
I did mind, which I thought was alright, and Nietzsche, which was less good.
Reply 5
i did mind, which i think wen really well and AJ Ayer, which was...erm....horrible :biggrin:
Reply 6
VoodooDoll
i did mind, which i think wen really well and AJ Ayer, which was...erm....horrible :biggrin:
I did Ayer. It was ok...really wanted another topic to assess though, like teh verification principle!! What can you say about phenomenalism?!
Reply 7
I really wanted to do mind but my teacher chose SCIENCE!!! grrrr...
Reply 8
llama boy
Yup. By my reckoning only needed high U grades to get the A overall though.
Hahaha, really...
I need Ds I think.
Reply 9
The philosophy of mind paper was quite good; I did question 1, which was all about Materialist theories…all straight forward.

Nietzsche was disaster though, but that’s probably just me, considering I hate the guy….

Overall I think I need two Ds for an A (that’s if my synoptic paper went ok), and I think I probably got it…so I’m happy

Latest

Trending

Trending