Cardiff pharmacy Interview

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
xojellyxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I have an interview on Wednesday and I have no idea what questions I might be asked at Cardiff. The email I received also states that I will having a numeracy diagnostic.
Please help me out, what questions do they ask? What's the maths test like?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kvyne
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hello. I will be having my interview on next Tuesday as well and I have no idea what questions I might be asked. Can u help me by giving me some ideas, if its okay for u? How long is the interview? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
xojellyxo
Rep:
(Original post by Kvyne)
Hello. I will be having my interview on next Tuesday as well and I have no idea what questions I might be asked. Can u help me by giving me some ideas, if its okay for u? How long is the interview? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm tremendously sorry for not getting back to you regarding the interview. I hope your interview went well
Kvyne
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ohhhh, actually I haven't sit for the interview yet. Maybe later? Since I'm an international student. Actually I emailed them about changing another date but no reply yet so I'm not sure about the interview will be later or postpone. So I hope u can help to give me some tips about the interview.
xojellyxo
Rep:
(Original post by Kvyne)
Ohhhh, actually I haven't sit for the interview yet. Maybe later? Since I'm an international student. Actually I emailed them about changing another date but no reply yet so I'm not sure about the interview will be later or postpone. So I hope u can help to give me some tips about the interview.
Hi there. What happens on the day is you have a maths test which is truly very basic multiplication and division and you get 15 minutes for it (for example one of the questions was: A person pays 29.25 each moth for their medication, how much would the person pay for 12 months) There are only six questions on the maths test.

As for the interview, just be confident and be natural. I was asked why pharmacy, why cardiff. Make sure to give well developed answers and my interviewer asked me questions based on my answers. For example I said I was very interested in the industrial sector of pharmacy and then my interview asked whether I had any work experience in that sector and went on from that point.

Overall the interview was fairly relaxed and began to feel like a very in depth chat.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else
Kvyne
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank you v.much for the tips.
FaheemM21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
For the maths questions, my mental maths isn't good with the time pressure, if u left the answer as e.g 190*8 and mentioned that that was the answer (and assuming that is correct when solved) would you lose marks anyway?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by FaheemM21)
For the maths questions, my mental maths isn't good with the time pressure, if u left the answer as e.g 190*8 and mentioned that that was the answer (and assuming that is correct when solved) would you lose marks anyway?
Yes, assume that you would lose marks. This is because you haven't actually answered the question. Leaving the answer as '190*8' rather than '1520' does not show the examiner that you can get to the correct answer. It only shows that you know what the process is.

By the way, this thread is 5 years old. If you want a quicker reply next time, make a new thread.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads