HaterofAlevel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, im doing AQA A level biology. I totally bombed it at AS ( i got a U) due to the awful exam, but my teacher let me carry it on to A2 as she believes i can pass it. My other A levels are English lit (which i'm getting A's in) and Psychology (getting B/C's). I'm really worried that i will fail bio again which will mean i will only have two A levels! ( I'm resiting AS aswell so its double the amount of work!) Any advice would be great, thanks!
Synonym
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
work hard man past papers .. revise...revise...revise ps love your tsr name
Dinasaurus
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What exactly do you have a problem with? I don't do AQA but I am sure it isn't wildly different from OCR.
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dinasaurus)
What exactly do you have a problem with? I don't do AQA but I am sure it isn't wildly different from OCR.
yoo im doing ocr bio too how you finiding it and what units have u completed (AS) ?
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Synonym)
yoo im doing ocr bio too how you finiding it and what units have u completed (AS) ?
I'm doing A2, I'm resitting AS though, I need to look at F211 again soon as that is my first exam.
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing A2, I'm resitting AS though, I need to look at F211 again soon as that is my first exam.
what else you taking ?
Anonymousfame98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
are u re-sitting the whole of AS?
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what else you taking ?
In terms of AS just F211, I'm also doing Maths and Chemistry.
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In terms of AS just F211, I'm also doing Maths and Chemistry.
ah maths and chem i dropped maths .. and chem is just a myth... that **** is pissin me off .. most likely gonna drop it after AS
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was finding it quite hard too but then I just worked 100x harder, made (prettier, more colourful) notes and now I totally get it.

It may seem childish, but it worked so wahey.
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing A2 Bio.
Theres alot of content so im making notes, should be done in 4 more days.
Making notes is normally a waste of time(better to just memorise it off the pages) but I don't understand alot of the content as I am self teaching A2 Bio. So i thought making notes would be a good way to familarise myself with it, not remember it. It also takes ages.

Seriously just memorize every page one way or another, there is no quick way. If you spend a month on it(examsare close) that shouldbe enough.

What I do is read a chapter in one go (4 chapters for OCR each 28 pages aprox)(40 for unit 4).
Takes an hour. I then do this 3 more times in the day for four days and i remember it.
I end up reading the whole book 16 times this way. Takes 16 days for one unit.
You don't have that much time so I would do 8 a day. That would take 32 days.
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ah maths and chem i dropped maths .. and chem is just a myth... that **** is pissin me off .. most likely gonna drop it after AS
Yeah, I find my A level choices to be pretty difficult. Especially maths, what A levels do you do?
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I find my A level choices to be pretty difficult. Especially maths, what A levels do you do?
bio chem economics and psychology
Dinasaurus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
bio chem economics and psychology
Damn you were doing 5 choices?
Synonym
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn you were doing 5 choices?
ohh nooo i dropped maths picked up psychology
HaterofAlevel
Rep:
?
work hard man past papers .. revise...revise...revise ps love your tsr name
Thank you! Will try to do more past papers
HaterofAlevel
Rep:
?
I really struggle with translating the information into exam answers! The questions are worded really difficultly 😕 i also really hate anything to do with cells, meisos and mitosis in particular 😦
HaterofAlevel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymousfame98)
are u re-sitting the whole of AS?
Yes, unfortunately 😦
HaterofAlevel
Rep:
?
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
I'm doing A2 Bio.
Theres alot of content so im making notes, should be done in 4 more days.
Making notes is normally a waste of time(better to just memorise it off the pages) but I don't understand alot of the content as I am self teaching A2 Bio. So i thought making notes would be a good way to familarise myself with it, not remember it. It also takes ages.

Seriously just memorize every page one way or another, there is no quick way. If you spend a month on it(examsare close) that shouldbe enough.

What I do is read a chapter in one go (4 chapters for OCR each 28 pages aprox)(40 for unit 4).
Takes an hour. I then do this 3 more times in the day for four days and i remember it.
I end up reading the whole book 16 times this way. Takes 16 days for one unit.
You don't have that much time so I would do 8 a day. That would take 32 days.
Thank you thats really helpful. First AS exam is on the 26th may and last A2 exam is on the 23rd june so should have enough time to squeeze it all in, thanks 😊
HaterofAlevel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dinaa)
I was finding it quite hard too but then I just worked 100x harder, made (prettier, more colourful) notes and now I totally get it.

It may seem childish, but it worked so wahey.
Thank you! I do put the most work into bio by far, i just want to be mindful of my other two as i obviously need to pass them! 😦
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (0)
0%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (0)
0%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (0)
0%
No, I haven't received any communication (3)
100%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed