Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...astEnders.html

UKIP/right wingers must be quivering in their boots right now lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is being done for the sake of a realistic East End. Nobody swears, drug usage is sparse and nobody gets naked and pisses in the street on a night out, yet introducing a Mosque is supposedly going to be an authenticity overhaul...

ReputationRep:
    "GET AR OF MY MOSQUE!"....👳
    Dum, dum , Der dum dum dumpy dum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    This is being done for the sake of a realistic East End. Nobody swears, drug usage is sparse and nobody gets naked and pisses in the street on a night out, yet introducing a Mosque is supposedly going to be an authenticity overhaul...
    I've lived in london my whole life and actually had no idea eastenders was supposed to be set in london until i read it somewhere one day, because its nothing like london.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    I've lived in london my whole life and actually had no idea eastenders was supposed to be set in london until i read it somewhere one day, because its nothing like london.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool story Bro.😁

ReputationRep:
    whatever next ? a knocking shop in Trumpton ?

ReputationRep:
    :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    The current depiction of the East End in EastEnders is a nostalgic vision of a bygone era.
    There's not a single burqa or face veil in sight. I wonder if that'll change with the intro of a mosque.

ReputationRep:
    That's great. However there is only one muslim family in Eastenders? Eastenders definately needs to be more diverse. It is too 'white'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    That's great. However there is only one muslim family in Eastenders? Eastenders definately needs to be more diverse. It is too 'white'.
    Yes it is too white to represent the contemporary East End.

But it gets X million viewers and if it depicted the true East End of burkas and sub continental life transplanted to London it wouldn't get a hundred thousand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It represents what the East End used to be before it was flooded with Asians and Africans. Its the reason why people still watch it.

ReputationRep:
    Wat is apenin to are contry!

Why doont we cull it Middle East Enders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    whatever next ? a knocking shop in Trumpton ?
    That is one of the most obscure references I have ever seen, well done good sir.

ReputationRep:
    Theists 1 - Soaps 0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.