The Student Room Group

GCSE Exam Revision Tips for Tripple Science AQA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I.Want.To.Pass
I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing Tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(

Omg im in the exact same boat, maths is fine for me but science is killing me.. Do you watch mygcsescience ? Hes really really good, i used him last year for biology, he basically taught me everything. Watch him and make notes, and youve probably got revision guides so use them and take notes also, then just do past papers over and over and then see where you lose marks and practise them topics. Try make summary sheets of each topic whilst your doing it you can memorise it then too, my chemistry teachers tip is to make a mindmap for lets say unit one chemistry and write everything down in small bullet points, so everything for each and every subtopic but without looking at a book so do it from what you can remember, then look at the book see what you missed off do it again and then do it all from memory. I dont really like this method lol bc mindmaps just dont help me but it might be useful to you.. For me i watch mygcsescience and also write everything word by word from a textbook and underline or circle important bits, i memorise by looking and writing, try different methods and try to do one unit a week, maybe 2 for the unit ones since theyre long 😄 Good luck
Original post by nisha.sri
A B B :frown:

Don't worry, we still have time! :smile: I'm only aiming for A A B just because I'll be more panicked in the real thing I think. For revision, I've made flashcard questions to every single spec point lmao.
I still haven't learned most of the triple content in school yet :frown:
Might start to self-teach?
Original post by romansholiday
Don't worry, we still have time! :smile: I'm only aiming for A A B just because I'll be more panicked in the real thing I think. For revision, I've made flashcard questions to every single spec point lmao.

Do you look at the specification does it help? And how do you memorise things :smile:
Reply 24
Fortunately I did physics last year so I only have 6 units to do, idk how your gonna revise 9 units 😐
Do you look at the specification does it help? And how do you memorise things :smile:

I like the spec because it shows me what I need to know exactly. And when you look at the question in the exam, you know exactly what they want you to say :smile:

I'm lucky that I have a really good memory, because GCSEs/exams in general are just memory tests lol. Flashcards and repetition helps with memorising things. Also writing things down that your trying to memorise helps.
I like the spec because it shows me what I need to know exactly. And when you look at the question in the exam, you know exactly what they want you to say :smile:

I'm lucky that I have a really good memory, because GCSEs/exams in general are just memory tests lol. Flashcards and repetition helps with memorising things. Also writing things down that your trying to memorise helps.

True there are few bits that i really dont understand in the specification some in Unit Biology such as Analyse and evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, andslimming products. and Evaluatethe consequences of mutations of bacteria and viruses in relation to epidemicsand pandemics.
Could you possibly help me Thank you :smile:
True there are few bits that i really dont understand in the specification some in Unit Biology such as Analyse and evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, andslimming products. and Evaluatethe consequences of mutations of bacteria and viruses in relation to epidemicsand pandemics.
Could you possibly help me Thank you :smile:

I think with those statements your supposed to use your knowledge of the key points in the spec to answer them. It's like application questions I think. That's where the spec can become kinda confusing lmao. No one really knows if we can be tested on it or not so I'm confused myself...
I think with those statements your supposed to use your knowledge of the key points in the spec to answer them. It's like application questions I think. That's where the spec can become kinda confusing lmao. No one really knows if we can be tested on it or not so I'm confused myself...

Lol :smile: Havent learnt anytihing about slimming products
I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing Tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(

Same situation.. ish.
Doing triple science too, but all I can say at this point, is to make sure you know all main points and sections, so nothing is new. I do this by summarising sections on little revision cards. And then about 2-3 weeks before the actual exams just do past papers past papers past papers! Emphasis on this because youre then getting used to it! Start limiting your time on each paper too, so you'll manage better in the exam.

I hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by surina16
I still haven't learned most of the triple content in school yet :frown:
Might start to self-teach?

Youtube videos help a lot! and if your school has it, 'doddle learn' is pretty good.
Do you have a revision guide?
What'd you guys get in the mocks? I got A* A A and I'm going to continue Chemistry and Biology next year in case I want to go into medicine or dentistry.

B B B - i know its crap, but thats the reason i want to revise the most... :frown::frown:
Reply 32
To start off, make sure you spell triple properly...
Original post by fauziaa
I'm also doing Triple Science and carrying on with Biology and Chemistry at A Level.
What I do to revise is I use the CGP books as well as watch this guy called MyGCSEScience. Honestly, his videos are probably the only reason i'll do well in science to be honest. The core videos are on YouTube and you'll have to pay for additional and extension, but they're also uploaded on YouTube by other people. Also, refer to the specification as that basically tells you what you need to do and do past papers. Hope that helps :wink:

Could you link the videos because i cant find them
Original post by Username3097486
Could you link the videos because i cant find them

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqi-hHChC9qREiGtwTdZow/playlists

Thanks so much I was searching for ages, so close to giving up triple science xD
Any tips on how you revise guys and who is ready for Biology Unit 1 coming up in few weeks? :smile:
Is it an actual GCSE exam? mine's in a couple of weeks too.. Or in May.. I'm a bit confused, but i'm revising the most right now. All unit 1 for all science is basically general knowledge. You have to just read through the main points. I don't think you need calculations in unit 1, and certainly not for Biology, lol. But look through the Specifications, Make flash cards with main points, scan through all of unit 1, and watch interesting videos which has animation. This will get the points stuck in your head. well you could use watching videos for all units. Hope you achieve what you wanted and exceed! :smile: Hopefully i may do the same. :frown: :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)

I think you should just look through all specifications and do all/most past papers from your board. It also wouldn't hurt to do a few exam papers from other boards for science as they sometimes have similar questions in new papers.
Original post by nina.renate
I think you should just look through all specifications and do all/most past papers from your board. It also wouldn't hurt to do a few exam papers from other boards for science as they sometimes have similar questions in new papers.

Thank You:biggrin::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest