To what extent is there a democratic deficit in the uk? Watch

mtr11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hello,can someone help me write this essay on to what extent is there a democratic deficit in the uk?
mtr11
Rep:
?
can anyone help me on this 10 marker? 3 disadvantages of Proportional representation?
popcornjpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1) creates weak and ineffective government
2) produces coalitions which are unstable and may have to compromise on manifesto promises
3) more complicated than disproportional systems which may turn people away from voting
mtr11
Rep:
?
thank you does anyone know what this means.stupid examiners gave worded the question difficultly. It is make out the case for reform of tge westminister electoral system?
Thanks in advanc
popcornjpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's a very simply worded question so I don't see the issue

just give them three disadvantages of proportional representation, that means proportional electoral systems such as STV, Regional Party List, and AMS

are you sure your class has done the elections unit?
mtr11
Rep:
?
yes but not thoroughly.i am still confused i thought you had to say why FPTP is bad and why PR is good,because the question was make the case for reform ofwestminister electoral systemo doesnt that mean arguments which support reform,how does it mean to retain FPTP.i thought it was thr
(Original post by popcornjpg;[url="tel:63390645")
63390645[/url]]it's a very simply worded question so I don't see the issue

just give them three disadvantages of proportional representation, that means proportional electoral systems such as STV, Regional Party List, and AMS

are you sure your class has done the elections unit?
mtr11
Rep:
?
i thought it was the opposite im so confused because it says make the case for reform of the westminister electoral?
(Original post by mtr11;[url="tel:63391103")
63391103[/url]]yes but not thoroughly.i am still confused i thought you had to say why FPTP is bad and why PR is good,because the question was make the case for reform ofwestminister electoral systemo doesnt that mean arguments which support reform,how does it mean to retain FPTP.i thought it was thr
mtr11
Rep:
?
so doesnt that mean you should reform FPTP
(Original post by mtr11;[url="tel:63391251")
63391251[/url]]i thought it was the opposite im so confused because it says make the case for reform of the westminister electoral?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads