Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm looking for advice regarding a possible career change.

I previously trained as a secondary school teacher, and have been on a career break for about 5 years now due to having children.

My background is in English and Drama.

I'm interested in Speech and language therapy, and would like to pursue a masters in the subject.

Does anyone have any experience in doing an MSc in Speech and Language sciences? Especially with 2 young children in tow.

What are the career options like?

Any advice/comments greatly appreciated!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    It's definitely possible. There were a few parents of 2 and more children on the course. Also we had one secondary school teacher and a couple of girls taught English as a second language. The Post grad route is stressful as it's an accelerated course and it requires you to be extremely organised but all of the parents on the course passed 😄
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by career options?
    Hope that was helpful

(Original post by ohljoon)
    Hi, i'm looking for advice regarding a possible career change.

I previously trained as a secondary school teacher, and have been on a career break for about 5 years now due to having children.

My background is in English and Drama.

I'm interested in Speech and language therapy, and would like to pursue a masters in the subject.

Does anyone have any experience in doing an MSc in Speech and Language sciences? Especially with 2 young children in tow.

What are the career options like?

Any advice/comments greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.