Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Predictions and revision advice? Let's get this thread active

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted As but I would like A*s. Past papers are a life saver, and my friends and I also spent our last chemistry lesson making up silly ways of remembering ion tests. I would use flashcards, but I just can't be bothered to make them tbh. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    I'm predicted As but I would like A*s. Past papers are a life saver, and my friends and I also spent our last chemistry lesson making up silly ways of remembering ion tests. I would use flashcards, but I just can't be bothered to make them tbh. What about you?
    Im predicted an A* and I usually revise through posters and teaching myself (with a whiteboard). Quite weak on C1, very strong on C2 (59 out of 60 on both mock papers that we have done) and not sure about C3 yet as we've not done a mock- but will be in 2 weeks! Maybe just make flash cards for the parts you find very hard and keep getting wrong in past papers etc and then find a different way to revise the rest? I agree with your comment on past papers though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    Im predicted an A* and I usually revise through posters and teaching myself (with a whiteboard). Quite weak on C1, very strong on C2 (59 out of 60 on both mock papers that we have done) and not sure about C3 yet as we've not done a mock- but will be in 2 weeks! Maybe just make flash cards for the parts you find very hard and keep getting wrong in past papers etc and then find a different way to revise the rest? I agree with your comment on past papers though!
    Using whiteboards is good - I use this for German but I hadn't thought about using it for sciences!

ReputationRep:
    For C2 I predict there's gonna be alot on electrolysis, atomic structure- possibly isotopes and perhaps throw in a really nasty question on masses and moles. Rate of reaction maybe as a 1 or a 2 marker question. Electroplating might come up as well as reversible and irreversible reactions like on anhydrous copper sulfate. Please practice graph questions as last years paper there was a graph in nearly every question.

ReputationRep:
    C3 I'm not so sure- possibly lots on chemical equilibrium, titration calculations, carboxlic acids and esters- drawing their chemical structures, Won't be much on the periodic table or on water I think...

ReputationRep:
    C3

I hate graph questions..

ReputationRep:
    C3 6 marker on equilibrium or organic chemistry of some kind

ReputationRep:
    For C3 they will probably ask us to draw a structure of an ester which is quite hard, maybe something on hydrogen as a fuel possibly as a 6 marker, 1 or 2 marks on periodic table or water, maybe a nasty question on energy changes e.g energy level diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly a hard titration calculation could come up in C3, maybe something on Newlands idea of law of octaves, 6 marker maybe on how the periodic table has changed over time or something like that

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.