The Student Room Group

Chemistry AQA GCSE unit 2 and unit 3- 15th June 2016

Predictions and revision advice? Let's get this thread active
I'm predicted As but I would like A*s. Past papers are a life saver, and my friends and I also spent our last chemistry lesson making up silly ways of remembering ion tests. I would use flashcards, but I just can't be bothered to make them tbh. What about you?
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
I'm predicted As but I would like A*s. Past papers are a life saver, and my friends and I also spent our last chemistry lesson making up silly ways of remembering ion tests. I would use flashcards, but I just can't be bothered to make them tbh. What about you?

Im predicted an A* and I usually revise through posters and teaching myself (with a whiteboard). Quite weak on C1, very strong on C2 (59 out of 60 on both mock papers that we have done) and not sure about C3 yet as we've not done a mock- but will be in 2 weeks! Maybe just make flash cards for the parts you find very hard and keep getting wrong in past papers etc and then find a different way to revise the rest? I agree with your comment on past papers though!
Original post by Lucofthewoods
Im predicted an A* and I usually revise through posters and teaching myself (with a whiteboard). Quite weak on C1, very strong on C2 (59 out of 60 on both mock papers that we have done) and not sure about C3 yet as we've not done a mock- but will be in 2 weeks! Maybe just make flash cards for the parts you find very hard and keep getting wrong in past papers etc and then find a different way to revise the rest? I agree with your comment on past papers though!

Using whiteboards is good - I use this for German but I hadn't thought about using it for sciences!
For C2 I predict there's gonna be alot on electrolysis, atomic structure- possibly isotopes and perhaps throw in a really nasty question on masses and moles. Rate of reaction maybe as a 1 or a 2 marker question. Electroplating might come up as well as reversible and irreversible reactions like on anhydrous copper sulfate. Please practice graph questions as last years paper there was a graph in nearly every question.
C3 I'm not so sure- possibly lots on chemical equilibrium, titration calculations, carboxlic acids and esters- drawing their chemical structures, Won't be much on the periodic table or on water I think...
C3 :frown:

I hate graph questions..
C3 6 marker on equilibrium or organic chemistry of some kind
For C3 they will probably ask us to draw a structure of an ester which is quite hard, maybe something on hydrogen as a fuel possibly as a 6 marker, 1 or 2 marks on periodic table or water, maybe a nasty question on energy changes e.g energy level diagrams.
Possibly a hard titration calculation could come up in C3, maybe something on Newlands idea of law of octaves, 6 marker maybe on how the periodic table has changed over time or something like that

Quick Reply

Latest