Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My name is Olive and I am a student from Barbados. I am doing my AS exams this year in Economics, Psychology and Business Studies and A2 next year. My dream is to go to Cambridge university to study law, as both of my grandfathers attended Cambridge. Barbados is a beautiful island, but i want to leave as the opportunities here are very limited.
    My grandmother died in January and my sister and I moved in with Grandpa. Our mom died 15 years ago, so we are all that Grandpa has. As much as I want to go to University overseas, I can't fathom leaving my grandpa. What should I do? Should I go to the local university for undergrad and then do law school overseas?
    Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated! Have a great day

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your Grandfather, I'm sure he'd only want the best for you. If you received an offer from a top uni in the UK, that's difficult to turn down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nase14_aldayz)
    Speak to your Grandfather, I'm sure he'd only want the best for you. If you received an offer from a top uni in the UK, that's difficult to turn down.
    Thank you! I will talk to him. He is a very understanding man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.