Turn on thread page Beta

snail mail pen pals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've recently really gotten into writing letters, but I keep running out of people to write to, so I thought i'd give it a go here.

I'm 20, female, a foreign student studying history in Scotland. I read a lot, and I love spending time outdoors & exploring new places. If I'd have to pick one musical artist, one movie and one book to last me for the rest of my life, I'd probably pick Kate Bush, Star Wars and the Goldfinch. I like to write letters on the longer side, and I do have a lot of stickers.

Where you're from doesn't matter, I'd prefer you to be close to my age or older. I'd really love it if we could become long-term friends through this, but I also understand that sometimes things just don't work that way. Please don't bother if you have racist, homophobic or transphobic ideas.

Drop me a message if you'd be interested! xx

ReputationRep:
    Love this idea. Especially with stickers. I used to do it a lot.

Have you got an address that isn't just where you perminantly live? I would be worried giving my home address to someone online :sadnod:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Love this idea. Especially with stickers. I used to do it a lot.

Have you got an address that isn't just where you perminantly live? I would be worried giving my home address to someone online :sadnod:.
    I'd obviously want to chat with people a little and perhaps see some social media or something just to make sure they are a legitimate person before exchanging addresses, but I don't have a PO box address or similar (are those even a thing in the UK?). I guess it's good to be a little bit cautious but I've only had good experiences with this this far, so if you're interested, I really recommend going for it

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.