Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm currently in Year 12 studying 4 A-Levels and I'll be wanting to go to University in 2017, my current problem is about mainly where to go.

I've always wanted to study abroad (In Canada)however after hearing opinions I was told it may be best to study undergraduate studies in London which is where I live at the moment. The subjects that I'm thinking about studying in University would be Psychology, Law or Science (Biomedicine) My current options that I have thought about doing are:
    - Stay in London and go to University and try to get my 3rd Year Abroad studying
    - Go Abroad to Canada or so and study there

I wanted to get your opinions on what you think I should do and how the differences will be with life there and finances available and so, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    I would focus on figuring out which subject to pursue first, as the ones you listed are all quite different from each other. Once you know what subject you want to study, you can look at where offers the best courses for you, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Could you afford to study in Canada and pay your own way, including International student fees? Student Finance will only contribute towards uni study in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to assess your financial capacity first before having a choice.
    If you're financially capable then I suggest you to go and pursue what you really want abroad. Imagine the possibilities and opportunities out there?? It will definitely make you a matured and independent person.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.