Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

My mother and I have been living with my aunt for a little over 3 years since we migrated. We have tried to move out because my aunt isn't the nicest of people but my gran who is now living with us says we shouldn't and must learn to get along as a family. I wouldn't mind if my aunt wasn't so horrible to my mother.
    She takes advantage of her just because she has to stay at home with my gran because gran sometimes gets ill really quickly and she needs supervision throughout the day. I try to help but I'm also trying to get good grades for my A levels so that I could go to a good uni. I'm currently doing 5 A Levels which are really stressful and then I have to come home and deal with this as well. She doesn't do anything at all around the house and she always blames me or mom for anything that's wrong.
    It's just making me depressed. Around Christmas time I was so depressed and now it's my birthday next week and I'm not happy about it because its another year spent in her house and I reallly dont know how one person who's supposed to be family can be like this. I really dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    First I'm sorry to hear about ur horrible aunt. She's clearly doesn't want either of u there because she's selfish. She's acting rude because she knows u need her and she thinks she's being God now. If u have another option try and leave to get piece of mind. Make sure I don't move to a more horrible place though. If u don't have any other option all I can say is u have to talk to her and tell her not to be rude in a polite way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.