Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone feel about GCSEs being around 2 months away?
    This thread isn't here to scare you but to motivate you to revise I've seen a lot of people complaining and moaning about GCSEs and not wanting to fail. You've got 2 months you can turn those D grades into B-A* grades, the E and F grades into C+ grades and the U grades (hopefully none of you guys haha) also into C+ grades turn that negativity into positive energy!
    Yr 12s and 13s can also join in if they wish to

ReputationRep:
    Mostly excited to just get the subjects I don't like over and done with but defo scared about results day! I want results day to come quickly but also want it to never come!
    Great advice though has motivated me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    .. pretty nervous to be honest XD
    I too can't wait to scrap half my subjects aha. It's just like steady pressure at the moment, where it feels like 'you should be revising' but 'you also need to watch that episode of ^^^^, because you missed it on thursday night'. 😂😇

Well im actually procrastinating on this, amidst my search for information on my physics ISA tomorrow.. not good ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I mention it's only two months away everyone screams at me for being unhelpful and scaring them (though it's usually the people who put in no effort who complain)

What subjects are you guys taking this year and what do you want to do next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle9920)
    .. pretty nervous to be honest XD
    I too can't wait to scrap half my subjects aha. It's just like steady pressure at the moment, where it feels like 'you should be revising' but 'you also need to watch that episode of ^^^^, because you missed it on thursday night'. 😂😇

Well im actually procrastinating on this, amidst my search for information on my physics ISA tomorrow.. not good ahaha.
    Hahaha I totally understand that lol! Dont worry about the ISAs theyre quite easy tbh but just go over stuff today! Good luck im sure u'll do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Whenever I mention it's only two months away everyone screams at me for being unhelpful and scaring them (though it's usually the people who put in no effort who complain)

What subjects are you guys taking this year and what do you want to do next year?
    Hahahahaha same here! My friend hit me the other day cos I said that and yh its mostly the people who know they wont revise and get the grades they want that start shouting!

Im taking the three sciences, RE, History and obvs the compulsory subjects haha. Im also doing french and computer science however it is not with my school lol wbu?

Im taking maths, further maths, economics, bio and chem next year u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Hahahahaha same here! My friend hit me the other day cos I said that and yh its mostly the people who know they wont revise and get the grades they want that start shouting!

Im taking the three sciences, RE, History and obvs the compulsory subjects haha. Im also doing french and computer science however it is not with my school lol wbu?

Im taking maths, further maths, economics, bio and chem next year u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm taking triple science, compulsory subjects, French, Geography, Drama and Religious Studies as well as an FSMQ in additional maths. I was planning on taking another two languages outside of school, but I never got round to it - #mylife

I want to take Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Chemistry next year.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully everyone will be able to get the grades they want and do the subjects they want to for their A Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Starting revision tomorrow... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Starting revision tomorrow... :/
    That makes me feel so bad...... I'm not starting till April....
    Admittedly I finished mocks 1.5 weeks ago.... but still...
    Good luck!

Once I was in year 7
    my head told me to remember to remember for the GCSEs...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I tried to OK...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    That makes me feel so bad...... I'm not starting till April....
    Admittedly I finished mocks 1.5 weeks ago.... but still...
    Good luck!
    That's okay! I'm starting because my mocks were straight after christmas and I haven't really revised since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    That's okay! I'm starting because my mocks were straight after christmas and I haven't really revised since
    Haha my mocks were before christmas but I am revising in April yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Haha my mocks were before christmas but I am revising in April yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't get around to starting today anyway

ReputationRep:
    -Really need an A in Maths to do Maths at A level but scared I won't get it as I am always 7-9 marks off an A in mocks we do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty pissed tbh, I'm 1 mark off an A* in Maths, French and Science! I swear I'm cursed

ReputationRep:
    I've been revising for over a month now, I feel like I'm making progress and I've scheduled it so I should be prepared for all my exams. At the moment I'm feeling fairly optimistic (not for C3 and P3 though haha) so its fine, just gotta keep working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    I've been revising for over a month now, I feel like I'm making progress and I've scheduled it so I should be prepared for all my exams. At the moment I'm feeling fairly optimistic (not for C3 and P3 though haha) so its fine, just gotta keep working
    Thats really good! U've still got time to be confident about C3 and P3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need a lot of help... I'm currently on E's and F's because i'm lazy... how do i get myself into a revision "mindset" and not get carried away doing other unnecessary things??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Thats really good! U've still got time to be confident about C3 and P3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess so! Thank you

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.